Vertigo Launch

Andy

Dad off i am quite surprised you even have an interest in what I ride.

Its a shame you werent at the Normandale National yesterday and saw the vast numbers of what was probably the most popular choice of bike in the most popular over 50 class. All these riders with reliable bikes that got them to the end of the trial and at their age I suppose they should know better? Well if vast experience and Knowledge is anything to go by these older riders in a reliability National clearly disagree with your over used and skewed view of the Gas Gas marque. And not only GG but betas and shercos even fantics all without see through tanks on a two lapper road trial managed to get to the end without running out of fuel...........

Strangely not one gearbox cranckcase kick start or lower frame was broken.

Vertigo breaking bolts in an indoor cos the bikes too light? Thats a big leap to take and making you look sillier than we thought. Ossa dog bone trouble? Thats hardly a worry is it and how is that related to lightness?

"Strangely not one gearbox cranckcase kick start or lower frame was broken"

Give it time dear boy, give it time, it will happen as sure as day follows night

How long before mine breaks from new then? lets have a bet on that???

As sure as you are that day follows night are you saying 100% of all gassers will fail?

Everyone on here knows you talk crap why do you feel you have to repeat it, almost daily?

I will repeat my comments as often as I feel appropriate.

It was you who used the example of a Normandale round as an example of reliability.

I know several riders who ride a few of the Northern Normandale rounds and they all have one thing in common, they have had at least one Gasgas gearbox failure, 2 of them have had 3 Gasgas gearbox failures the most recent being on a late 2013.

These riders have other things in common, they are all mature, reasonable or professional mechanics, are light on the bike and have never had gearbox trouble on other marques.

Gasgas know they have a gearbox problem but their idea of a "fix" was to make it easier to change some of the components, not the substantial redesign it really needs.

I dont know about them failing as often as you say Dadof . I have no knowledge of this .....but ref your comment on a redesign is backed up what people in the industry have told me .... that GasGas havent redesigned their bikes due as the cost implications are HUGE. Also Xiu Serra who is the designer of the GasGas pro engine told me in the interview that he has improvements to his pro engine design ....but he just hasnt been employed in this field to implement them.

Here it is -

"Its not so strange for me because I do this so much . I have been thinking how to reduce the components and finally I find a way with less gears to make the same speeds. I make the first test of this 20 years ago and up to now in my opinion this was one project that after 1 or 2 years needs to improve , because every day you can improve something. But GasGas has been making the same gearbox for more than 20 years

That is a good testament for you .

Its good for me ,but my passion means that I want to update and make this even better because everything can be better. When you develop you can improve.

3834812_orig.jpg
Xui Serra interview - www.retrotrials.com
Do you think you have the opportunity to improve this system?

Now I am working again for GasGas but I am working actually more to improve the production and industrialisation and not new things."
  • Like 1

Its not that no gas gas has ever had a problem but i just dont believe the frequency is anything like you have referred to dadof. My current 2014 bike is a year old next month and its been perfect thus far. My 2013 i bought used in december 2012, it never had a gearbox problem either. That bike did the SSDT, Alwinton 2 day , Reeth 3 day and the Italian alps 3 day. It was ridden every weekend often sat and sunday from Christmas onwards as prep for ssdt.

Sure im just lucky.....

I will repeat my comments as often as I feel appropriate.

It was you who used the example of a Normandale round as an example of reliability.

I know several riders who ride a few of the Northern Normandale rounds and they all have one thing in common, they have had at least one Gasgas gearbox failure, 2 of them have had 3 Gasgas gearbox failures the most recent being on a late 2013.

These riders have other things in common, they are all mature, reasonable or professional mechanics, are light on the bike and have never had gearbox trouble on other marques.

Gasgas know they have a gearbox problem but their idea of a "fix" was to make it easier to change some of the components, not the substantial redesign it really needs.

..and I will reply to bullsh!!t anecdotal heresay and evidence as frequently. And I note with your apparent conviction you absolutely refuse to enter into any kind of wager cos maybe deep down you know youre wrong?

Its not that no gas gas has ever had a problem but i just dont believe the frequency is anything like you have referred to dadof. My current 2014 bike is a year old next month and its been perfect thus far. My 2013 i bought used in december 2012, it never had a gearbox problem either. That bike did the SSDT, Alwinton 2 day , Reeth 3 day and the Italian alps 3 day. It was ridden every weekend often sat and sunday from Christmas onwards as prep for ssdt.

Sure im just lucky.....

Lucky? Nah. Typical - yes