Vertigo Launch

Andy

Just what has any of the above to do with the new Vertigo bike ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Exactly. I think it's time to clamp down on all the bollocks that is taking over these forums. ..

• Like 7

I apologise in advance for posting what would be more appropriate in a general or GG section but some of the comments cannot go unchallenged.

What I have written is fact not bollocks.

I cannot predict when a Pro gearbox will fail and that is why it would be foolish to enter a wager.

What would be obvious if a statistical study were carried out is that a Pro gearbox is more likely to fail than any other current trials bike (perhaps except Ossa).

Frequency of failure. I have not mentioned frequency (as in over a period of time). In the case of the riders I mentioned who have had 3 (possibly more) Pro gearbox failures both had a couple of failures in about 2004 / 2007, they then gave up on GG for several years. One tried a Pro again in about 2011 / 2012 and its gearbox failed. The other tried a Pro again late 2013 and its gearbox had to be rebuilt recently.

I also point out that of all the Pro gearbox failures I have known only 2 have occurred during a trial and in both cases the bikes could be ridden back to the start field.

I am quite happy to accept that ND and Balidlocks have been more fortunate with their gearboxes but I expect they will in return accept what I say is accurate.

I also point out that I am not commercially involved with any manufacturer and have no reason to make spurious posts. I am pretty certain if anyone looks at my post history they will realise I criticise any marque where I feel criticism is due. People will always have different opinions, as the recent posts on Penrith WTC ticket prices show but what does degrade the forum is when people make untrue assertions, misquote other posters or resort to personal attacks.

Interested to see how this ties into Vertigo...

I am at fault for drifting topics as well from time to time but I didn't realize that Vertigo had that much influence on Penrith WTC ticket prices. Maybe I am taking this out of context or just looking at the conversation too close or even not realizing that a distant topic belongs here.

Here in Murica we generally say "Thanks Obama!". Maybe its time for a "Thanks Vertigo!" Meme is generally the way to communicate this. I would make one but it seems to be out of place.

--Biff

PS Zero gear box failures on my many GG. The bell curve starts looking more like a symbol with every one.

Edited by biffsgasgas
  • Like 1

"PS Zero gear box failures on my many GG. The bell curve starts looking more like a symbol with every one. "

​ And that from a guy that is paid to test/destroy components/parts for a major manufacturer ... (if my memory works...)

Glenn

Can we get back to the Vertigo now ???

All things considered I think Dibs will come out as a champion on this thing. At the Champ level it must be hard to transition and fit into a bike that fits your needs. From what I see Dibs and Dougie are cut from the same tree. A good rider on a brand new machine can't be expected to be on top instantly. His practice videos look great. He's put his riding career into Vertigo which is slightly different than his competition. Not only does he have to rely on his skill set but he also has to trust and prove trust in a new machine.

If Dibs and Dougie pull this off that will be monumental for them and the company. Hope that the investors put faith in that. I have never bought a trials machine knowing which investors are backing the company. The better Dougie can make that bike feel for Dibs the higher his confidence level will be.

--Biff

From what I see Dibs and Dougie are cut from the same tree.

They are from the same County, but there are a fair few trees in that County, so I wouldn't be quite so sure.

Dabill did not consistently break into the world top 5 on a proven bike (maybe he did for the one year Fajardo spent on Ossa?). If he equals his previous results, i.e. sixth in the world, on a new bike I think the whole team will have done well, if he does better than that then they will have achieved something noteworthy.

Edited by neils on wheels
  • Like 1

I apologise in advance for posting what would be more appropriate in a general or GG section but some of the comments cannot go unchallenged.

What I have written is fact not bollocks.

I cannot predict when a Pro gearbox will fail and that is why it would be foolish to enter a wager.

What would be obvious if a statistical study were carried out is that a Pro gearbox is more likely to fail than any other current trials bike (perhaps except Ossa).

Frequency of failure. I have not mentioned frequency (as in over a period of time). In the case of the riders I mentioned who have had 3 (possibly more) Pro gearbox failures both had a couple of failures in about 2004 / 2007, they then gave up on GG for several years. One tried a Pro again in about 2011 / 2012 and its gearbox failed. The other tried a Pro again late 2013 and its gearbox had to be rebuilt recently.

I also point out that of all the Pro gearbox failures I have known only 2 have occurred during a trial and in both cases the bikes could be ridden back to the start field.

I am quite happy to accept that ND and Balidlocks have been more fortunate with their gearboxes but I expect they will in return accept what I say is accurate.

I also point out that I am not commercially involved with any manufacturer and have no reason to make spurious posts. I am pretty certain if anyone looks at my post history they will realise I criticise any marque where I feel criticism is due. People will always have different opinions, as the recent posts on Penrith WTC ticket prices show but what does degrade the forum is when people make untrue assertions, misquote other posters or resort to personal attacks.

When two riders are equal at the end of X-Trial qualification, they ride one section to have a "Run-off". I think when we have these 'failure to agree' dialogues in our forum, we should call them a "Dad Off" :dummyspit:

• Like 4

The Fantic frame is all steel tube.

The Vertigo is steel tube in upper / headstock area then alloy for the swing arm / footrest area so I would say it is much more similar in design concept terms to the Benelli.

The Fantic frame is all steel tube.

The Vertigo is steel tube in upper / headstock area then alloy for the swing arm / footrest area so I would say it is much more similar in design concept terms to the Benelli.

I see where your'e coming from but I bet the Fantic gave them the initial idea as it's a trials bike.

When I first saw it I wondered how long it would be before we saw a production bike like it, Probably 10 years later when the patent ran out!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the 1st British round today and saw Dougie Lampkin and the vertigo. He said there hoping the bike will be on sale September time but still no prices. What a bike Looked Great and sounded AMAZING. Just hope the rumours of the prices aren't true.