Vertigo Launch

Andy

Yes shedracer it is good except the high tickover. Would building a small battery into the circuit mean a 4rt could run lower tickover speed ? Apart from the idle speed its difficult to fault from my experience.

I'm not an engineer or mechanic, so I can't honestly answer that question. But to hazard a guess, the ignition has to maintain a set amount of volts, to supply all the electrical systems and I guess it can only reliably do this at a certain rpm. Some people have experimented and turned the idle down, but they tend to stall easier. I guess it is what it is, from the early 2000's engineering. Today's technologies no doubt would be better, so one might expect the next generation EFI Honda develope for trials, will be able to resolve the high tick over. Some people hate the high tick over, I personally don't mind it and I guess most just adapt and get use to it.

I look forward to seeing the Vertigo up close and maybe in the future trying one out, although that's probably unlikely. Only two weeks now, before James debuts the Vertigo at Sheffield, so Good luck to him and Vertigo, I'm sure the bike will be great.

• Like 2

Battery technology has moved on since the early 2000's, I'd imagine the battery would have been too bigand heavy for the 4rt then, which is why they choose the high tick over route. Batterys are more powerful, last longer and lighter, which is why the vertigo has one as well as the ossa.

Vertigo may have shown the their new bike, but there's no word on price or delivery dates, they seem to be wanting to do the right thing and develope and test it, before actually selling it.

• Like 1

It sounded like "mass" production was at least a season away in that they where going to use this season of competition to further develop the bike. It sure would be awesome if somebody really in the know would join the forum and give us the inside scoop as this developed... although they would have to have pretty tough skin to put up with all the arm chair trial bike designers :D

• Like 1

It sounded like "mass" production was at least a season away in that they where going to use this season of competition to further develop the bike. It sure would be awesome if somebody really in the know would join the forum and give us the inside scoop as this developed... although they would have to have pretty tough skin to put up with all the arm chair trial bike designers :D

Hi Michael, if you're referring to Sherco their efi 2t enduro bike has been raced in the Championship in France last fall. Currently there is no other information available, no info on pre production bikes, no info on production. Certainly no info on efi trials.

EFI has to work flawlessly, therefore it will be tested and tested and tested.

Back to Vertigo - EFI is how it is and will be, imo. we all will be assimilated. ;)

cheers

Hi Borus, I was actually referring to the Vertigo press release as far as having their bikes ready to be sold to the general public (well trials riders anyways) I put "mass" in quotes as I don't imagine they will be producing huge quantities to start with.

Thanks for the Sherco insight it will be interesting to watch that one develop as well.

It will be interesting to see which grows faster EFI/DI bikes or maybe we will all be on Electric bikes and it will be a mute point :).

My 2009 suzuki rmz450 runs perfectly hot or cold without needing an unsuitably high tick over so it seems it can be done without a battery . The bike has never needed any attention to the fi set up which is as well cos I wouldn't know what to do.My view is its great when it's right,definitely better than a carb but if it goes wrong at a meeting I'm stuffed which means a short push back to the pits.Its a different story on a trials bike when you could be 10 miles away

A Montesa 4RT battery s not required due to the fact that upon kick starting the circuit sends all current generated by the kick start lever to the EFI starting circuit and only the starting circuit.

It is only once it is started do they then send current to the rest of the EFI circuit.

A battery on an Ossa is only there to aid in generating enough current at the initial starting pulse.

Edited by billyt

I agree, the thread is kind of getting side tracked, let's get back on track about the Vertigo.

I like the exhaust solution with the twin exits, looks very neat and tucked in. ;-)

I can't help thinking that layout is heavier than a single exit?

Everyone that rode a 4 stroke scorpa went to a single exit

If the approach of Vertigo is to develop the bike all next year and then possibly start selling them in 2016, I think that may be pretty smart. Jotagas and Ossa both had problems on their first bikes and that tainted the market for them. For peeps to see a Vertigo close up and see how it performs, and see that any problems are ironed out before they feel comfortable to start selling them, this will give potential buyers huge confidence in buying them from the start. Could be a stroke of genius ?

• Like 2