Exhaust Fumes

stpauls

While waiting in queues at sections, I am regularly getting exhaust fumes blown into my face, in pulses. Why do the manufacturers not direct the exhaust tip downwards, towards the ground? It would probably help keep the noise down too. Hydrocarbons are linked to lung cancer, so it would make sense.

More to the point, and this really winds me up, why do folk feel the need to have the bike running at all when there are loads of riders ahead waiting to go. Once the bike has been running at bit and is warm it is fine, I just fire up when the rider before me enters the section. But then you get the throttle blippers who are desperately either trying to keep the flipping thing running , usually on a smokey old banger or just presumably think they are ace by sitting there twisting the throttle....

Just kill the bloody thing and save on everything!!!!!! :angry:

And relax...............................

• Like 6

To look at this from another perspective, I always thought the bikes idling while in line was great. Keeps all the mayflies, gnats, and mosquitoes from feasting on you while you sit in line.

That's a different perspective , But then again I understand where you live too .........

Glenn :)

One thing I've always wanted to try was the candle scents you can pick up in a craft shop. I figure it must be a combustible hydrocarbon so it should mix with fuel. Wouldn't it be nice to pull up to a section and smell something pleasant. Then again the cost of a cylinder and piston make the experiment risky.

And no I don't hang around craft shops but when the wife drags me through one I do what I do in any store and start thinking, "How can I use that in trials."

• Like 1

One thing I've always wanted to try was the candle scents you can pick up in a craft shop. I figure it must be a combustible hydrocarbon so it should mix with fuel. Wouldn't it be nice to pull up to a section and smell something pleasant. Then again the cost of a cylinder and piston make the experiment risky.

And no I don't hang around craft shops but when the wife drags me through one I do what I do in any store and start thinking, "How can I use that in trials."

Hum, A Castrol R smelling candle now that's my kind of aromatherapy! :D

• Like 1