2016 Montesa Rr 300

montesarepsol777

Boring it may be, but if the tyre really was a 120 it would not be permitted in ACU trials where 115 is the limit. Quite why a manufacturer mis labels a tyre is beyond me and in many ways just stupid and confusing. Unfortunately this is not new for Dunlop. Several years ago I bought a Dunlop front tyre for my 1100cc road bike. Despite the sizes stated on the sidewall being correct it was actually larger diameter than the Bridgesone and rubbed away the bottom of the front mudguard. The Dunlop tyre also suffered cracked sidewalls prematurely.

The dealer who sold me the tyre gave me a 70% refund out of his own pocket. I now only use Bridgesone and Metzeler.

To get back on topic, I would be very reluctant to buy a Montesa in the UK because of the prices. They are much cheaper in US and parts of Europe. This is often case in UK and the man reason my road bike is a grey (Belgian) import.

We just got two 2016 std models this last week. Morad rims, god knows who made the hubs (not Honda). The new Dunlops on the Montesa measure 4.25 inches at the widest point. Well within FIM rules. With three 2005 4rt`s sitting next to the bikes with a combo of Dunlop 803`s (old style) a Michelin and one with an Irc. Tire width is seemingly identical.

Only changes between the years, suspension, brakes, fuel tank and plastics and wheels. The frame appears to be slightly altered, but did not do any measurements. The S3 bars, new foot pegs and brackets are a nice touch. Still a great deal for a clubman rider buying a bike to use for more than a few years. Cannot wait to actually ride a 300.

People want to see this bike in action.Here it is being ridden by some bloke called Toni Bou.See it at ....GOOGLE THIS [2016 NEW HONDA MONTESA COTA 300RR tested by TONI BOU PROMO VIDEO YOU TUBE].

Why didn't you just link/embed the video?

Oh man that has to be tough for trialcrazy wish you the best and wish, and I wish I had one coming post some pics, and ask for the crate it comes in you can cut out the montes a logo and place it your man cave 

Hmm... Looking good and always like 'em Cotas visually, but 72kg dry (must be some 76kg or so wet?), why it's so pig heavy for an supposedly "RR" bike with carbon fibre etc expensive lightweight fancy bits?

Edited by tsiklonaut

Hmm... Looking good and always like 'em Cotas visually, but 72kg dry (must be some 76kg or so wet?), why it's so pig heavy for an supposedly "RR" bike with carbon fibre etc expensive lightweight fancy bits?

They are built a bit more on the robust side and have a 4T in them maybe?  I meen, even the Beta 4T is like 8-10lbs (4-5kg) more than their 2T bikes just because of the engine.  

For me it isn't about the extra kg/lbs any way, it all about fun factor and my 4RT puts a smile on my face every time I ride it, over all maintenance is easy and low, gas and go...  Just over all a great bike.  

PS. I am jealous trialcrazy, I so want a 300RR...

• Like 1

After riding a BMW 1100 GS - the 300RR would be a paperweight

Have you finished with RTW riding ?

They are built a bit more on the robust side and have a 4T in them maybe?  I meen, even the Beta 4T is like 8-10lbs (4-5kg) more than their 2T bikes just because of the engine.  

For me it isn't about the extra kg/lbs any way, it all about fun factor and my 4RT puts a smile on my face every time I ride it, over all maintenance is easy and low, gas and go...  Just over all a great bike.  

PS. I am jealous trialcrazy, I so want a 300RR...

This is a long known fact that the 4T are considerable heavier than 2T, but one thing is speciefic high-grade "RR" marketed model, other is "average joe" (regular) model. There's not a considerable difference there so I think they've gotten this "RR" marking a bit wrong here. But hey, we should all know this by now: modern marketing is all smart bollo*ks anyway and we passionate bikers tend to pay for those nice badges and markings on our beloved bikes and brands :)

After riding a BMW 1100 GS - the 300RR would be a paperweight

Have you finished with RTW riding ?

Hi Johnny!

Long done with any sort of RTW. Keeping apples and oranges separated myself :)

Just a quick research tells i.e. Vertigo RR-equivalent or race model is 58kg wet, or i.e. Ossa TR300i Factory goes close to 60kg with just couple of modifications and everything at very reasonable cost compared to Montesa. 4T is usually 3-4kg more if you compare i.e. Beta model lines. It's fine to have more if you added superb engine, reliability and top-notch robust build quality like Montesa does the best, but "RR" badge supposed to be targeted at something else. So I say even for a four stroker 75-76kg trials bike with a competition RR-marking on it is slightly off.

PS: Cota's are among the most desireable bikes in my list, so I'm a bit jelous too! ;)

Hi Johnny!

Long done with any sort of RTW. Keeping apples and oranges separated myself :)

Just a quick research tells i.e. Vertigo RR-equivalent or race model is 58kg wet, or i.e. Ossa TR300i Factory goes close to 60kg with just couple of modifications and everything at very reasonable cost compared to Montesa. 4T is usually 3-4kg more if you compare i.e. Beta model lines. It's fine to have more if you added superb engine, reliability and top-notch robust build quality like Montesa does the best, but "RR" badge supposed to be targeted at something else. So I say even for a four stroker 75-76kg trials bike with a competition RR-marking on it is slightly off.

PS: Cota's are among the most desireable bikes in my list, so I'm a bit jelous too! ;)

Is that right - I thought the FIM minimum weight is 65kg, so why produce a bike lower than 60kg