Gas Gas Take Over (Multiple Topics Merged)

gassa1

I think batching is the way to go in this type of fabrication. The rest of the time is restocking, pre-assemble parts, preparing the factory for the new batching (other model in this case e.g, enduro?) etc. Will be the most economic way.

Your option is to take as much time as is available to produce the bike? So dont use electric equipment because that will make the workforce too efficient?

MR Honda (and others for that matter) dont do anything different.

I think there is enough demand for GG bikes (to make up the stop), so they will be delivered straightaway accross Europe and send to other parts of the world. Furthermore parts need to be restocked around the world to be able to deliver service aswell.

And if there is still workforce left, the workforce is too big, or they need more work (maybe produce bikes for MR tarot)

Edited by crazybond700
  • Like 3

My point is that no company could afford to have 40 production staff idle ( 40 used as a hypothetical number in this instance)   for any period of time and what I mean by idle, is not manufacturing goods which will be sold. They need to be productive becuase if they are stood idle then the business has to cover those costs and it will be you who will be ultimately paying for it in the retail price.  

Edited by atomant

Um push a broom, stock shelves, tweak procedures, train, build other things. Its not like you snap fingers and can just start building bikes right this moment. There is a small motorcycle manufacture that I have visited several times here in Michigan and its not as easy as it sounds. You have supplier quality issues to discuss and they are probably trying to get as many jigs and high process time issues out of the way so when there is need they can build as many finished product as possible. I would think that building up engine assemblies and frames takes a lot of time. Bolting these things together (as we should all have some perspective on) isn't as long of a process. Also consider building and buying in bulk saves on cost both before and after a machine is built.

In the world of economies to scale I can appreciate what GG is going through right now.... glimpse into something I had a front row seat with. https://youtu.be/acVuYHuO8GY

--Biff

Wow 4 weeks to completely retool and renovate the assembly area.  Impressive.

I have gone from production floor to more of a support role.  (think not quite Engineer)  I am now seeing what some of the preparation and planning is that goes into changes for production, tooling, even just trying to maximize storage space.

So it would really interest me how many people and hours of work it took to get the layout,  the robots and machinery all designed for this change.  You know the supposed "behind the scenes" stuff. 

I thought I read somewhere that the plan was to build 2000 bikes this year so at 80 bikes a day that is only 5 weeks. I suppose you also have to figure how many 2016 bikes are they going to sell before people will want to be buying "factory" models or waiting for the 2017 models. This is certainly going to be a much smaller volume year given they are just getting started now. It sure is interesting times in the trials manufacturing world.

2000 a year / 8 a day would seem to make sense (IF they can sell them). Even at quite a small net profit per bike that adds up to a useful bit of cash.

Had to laugh at GG Motos claim "considered by many to be best trial bike of all time". A practice day with my friends is now more like a Beta owners club outing, wonder if any will return to GG?

2000 a year / 8 a day would seem to make sense (IF they can sell them). Even at quite a small net profit per bike that adds up to a useful bit of cash.

Had to laugh at GG Motos claim "considered by many to be best trial bike of all time". A practice day with my friends is now more like a Beta owners club outing, wonder if any will return to GG?

Considered by many, not a majority, not by everyone, not by partisan supporters of other makes or even raving lunatics with axes to grind.

• Like 2