Gas Gas Take Over (Multiple Topics Merged)

gassa1

I think TRS and Vertigo will be available before GasGas and could take some potential GasGas customers,as have the established brands.Theres a lot more Betas and Shercos locally than a year ago.The number of riders who bought a new GasGas every year has shrunk and many are quite happy with their new bikes.I don't think they are going to sell like they used to sadly.As others have said there's too much choice

Maybe with all these new players on the market there may be a stronger push to market the sport itself. The new brands may feel the market is much larger than a few old guys chatting on forums. Some really good marketing initiatives towards kids out buying $5,000 mountain bikes might gain some great returns... who knows but it could make for very interesting times

When GasGas restart their aim is to produce 2000 bikes in 2016, that equates to around 8 to10 bikes a day, how do they need 55 people to do that ?

The usual advantage of buying an existing manufacturing organisation is the absorption of some of the 'clerical' work so you do not need two accounts departments, purchasing etc certainly not for a business with an established market position do you need marketing, export blah blah.

I hope the rebirth does not go down the path of the previous organisation !

• Like 1

Maybe with all these new players on the market there may be a stronger push to market the sport itself. 

I think if that is going to happen, it will only happen if it is electric bikes that they are pushing

IMHO :)

Edited by atomant

I am old (and a petrol head) and all I notice is that electric bikes are noiseless and smokeless (when charged with solar power or other renewable energie), but just as much fun. ;)

Edited by guys

I am old (and a petrol head) and all I notice is that electric bikes are noiseless and smokeless (when charged with solar power or other renewable energie), but just as much fun. ;)

Charged with solar power?

You're f****d if you want ride the ssdt on one

• Like 1

Charged with solar power?

Yes, there seems to be something like solar panels that can charge batteries.

You're f****d if you want ride the ssdt on one

Not everyone wants, or is able to ride the SSDT.

i must be old and grey but why bother with electric its not real motorcycling is it?

Not to us oldies but all kids these days are riding osets and other electric bikes from the outset. Think of the OSET as a TY50 and then you can see how it will go.. 

Much as people may not like it I think electric bikes may be the only way to reverse the decline in trials riding. As has been said the kids now mainly seem to start out on electric. This has several benefits, get them started younger and hopefully get them hooked for life. I would guess that now days a much larger percentage of parents have no interest and no idea how to maintain a motorbike, where an electric one could be a lot less intimidating. They are quite so you can practice every day without annoying anyone. I would suspect that it would be much easier to get more land approved for use with quiet electric bikes. They are perceived as being “green” unlike those noisy, dirty, smelly motorbikes!

If the Torrot purchase of GasGas does lead to a new breed of electric bike this could put GasGas as a market leader in the future. As for now it does still seem a bit optimistic as far as the numbers go! 

• Like 2