Bearing Throttle Wheel

cascao

The bearing that goes on the end of the throttle tube is a better idea for a smoother throttle. Had a Raga that came with one as standard and it was good.

However a properly cleaned and lubed (oil, not grease) throttle is just as good, I personally think the bearing throttle wheel is pointless as the bearing is not sealed and quickly gets full of water and crud. 

Parts like this are just a quick easy buck for who ever makes them.

I admit I don't believe they are needed but would still like to try one. (Unless someone has a good comparison review?)

I might give one a try at some point just to see, but also admit if I do I will get the handlebar baring as well so I can get a good review of both.

post-20328-0-22024900-1449570384_thumb.jpgpost-20328-0-62661500-1449570407_thumb.jpgMade  quite a few of these for guys locally - good reports back on em , I charged £25.00 if your interested, coupled with a jitsie roller wheel made for a very smooth throttle - unfortunately has not improved my skillz!!

I found the jitsie end roller a bit agricultural....

attachicon.gifmatts 4.jpgattachicon.gifmatts throttles.jpgMade  quite a few of these for guys locally - good reports back on em , I charged £25.00 if your interested, coupled with a jitsie roller wheel made for a very smooth throttle - unfortunately has not improved my skillz!!

I found the jitsie end roller a bit agricultural....

Additionally this is a totally enclosed system so ingress of anything wet or abrasive is impossible. ;)

My problem with this end tube bearing is because the system is exposed in case of a fall. And the aluminium throttle tube can bend and stick open.

With a lathe at home, I can give the throttle wheel a try spending almost nothing. If results aren't good due debris on ball bearing, I can try a bronze bushing like my enduro.

I've been thinking about getting one of these for a while but it would be more for the bling factor than anything else. Without doing a blind test it's hard to tell if it's just a placebo. The current domino system is hard plastic on plastic which even without lubrication seems to slide easily. If you've gone from a lubricated throttle wheel to a bearing this would be an improvement as I've described below. 

My bike came with lubrication in the throttle housing and on the bar from the previous owner. It was terrible, it binded up and resulted in the throttle sticking. I removed all lubrication and ran the system without any type of lube (wet or dry), due to the venues I ride it's generally very dusty and any type of lubrication just accumulates dust. I can get away without having to clean the system for months with no changes in throttle feel. After a few months I'll pop off the throttle, clean it up with some contact cleaner and it will be perfect for another few months. 

Edited by jml