Twinshock Road Trial

pitley

Howdy folks.Any one here be intrested in competeing in a premiere twinshock road trial some time in the autunm next year. The idea being that there is no big meeting for twinshock riders in the calender only the ACU classic series,the pre65 boys have the scotish,manx and bonanza, so we in the herefordshire classic trials club want to put on an event for the twinshock brigade. Useing terrain in the same part of the county as an old national trial was once held. No dates at the mo as we dont want to clash with the ACU classic series. Anyone intersted? Cheers.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a good idea, Alan Stay did a similar thing by building up the Youth indoor and having a captive audience. If it were billed as say the british twishock classic, just the same as nationals were in the 70's and 80's I think you would get a decent turnout. Dual routes?

(I will put up a prize for best performance on a 340 ridden by a southern rider of more than 45 with glassesetc etc! :) )

Beer glasses that is.

As you know pitley, once I've got the work situation sorted, I'll be buying a twinshock...JUST for Hereford Classic Club trials.

I reccomend it to everyone...the HCTC are a bunch of complete nutters..(in the nicest sense!!)...so you'll ALWAYS have a fun time with them..AND they've got some great venues :)

:)

Definitely - and I think you should be able to get enough support to achieve a healthy entry. Speak to riders at the Classic Experts next week and see what they think as they would all appreciate a good national standard trial that offers a good challenge. I'll speak to riders at this weekend's ACU Classic and see what opinion is.

Are you going for 2 routes? Personally, I think it is the only viable option to receiving a good entry due to the wide differences in rider ability and machine capabaility of those riding twinshocks and British bikes in the different series currently. It will also allow groups of mates to enter and have a ride out together when normally they can't compete together on the single route ACU Classic events as some find them too hard.

Looking forward to it already.

PS - Good to see disc brakes banned but can I carry on working on my TLR250 project if I use drums - 4RT with twinshocks, fins welded on the barrell/head and one of Honda RS' tank seat units in Rothmans colours :)

Edited by Woody

Good to get some intrest from you guys, just told the wife about this event saying i may be some time getting this one sorted but its for a damn good cause. Well done stu i recomend a majesty when you get sorted, mine p----s on my TLR for handleing and agility. Thanks Woody, two routes yes, its the only way, some folk like a ride out without too much fuss so always cater for the clubman. I think we got the right recipe, just wait till you see the sections!! Cheers.

Marky. only rule to apply to twinshocks is nee disc brakes, you cant get more fair than that. Any more rules and the situation gets pathetic like the so called PRE65 rules b/s. Keep the sport simple and cheap then its down to the guy on the bike and his ability. What you reckon?