Acu Licence Fee Too Cheap

atomant

All this training talk is OK but at the end of the day the kid must want to do it, and giving them too much too soom can make them complacent.

What's the most dangerous animal? a hungery lion, or the one thats just eaten half a wilderbeast.

Create desire and make a champion.

Alexz Wigg left out of the British 05 GP, so now he's hungery, look out in 06, see him eat up the opposition now. :madsanta:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alexz was not left out of the 05 GP he was not old enough.

However he did have to fight to get into the academy in the first instnce, places seemed very hard to come by, and whilst I cannot recall the exact position and who was in at the time (girls?) it seemed it was overdue when it happened. There is a real advantage to being in the squad without question.

Though of course there is no big truck and support like this.

post-7-1134370438.jpg

Edited by Nigel Dabster

Nigel Dabster Posted Today, 06:56 AM

or this, both pictures from Norway Euro round, mainly youth.

The Norway round was also the last round of the Adult Euro Champs.

At the Youth / Womens only Euro rounds the Big Trucks of

the Spanish/Italien/French federations are rarely seen.

At the last round this year, the Italien truck turned up, (the trial

was in Italy)& the Spanish federation sent a much smaller vehicle which was for the sole use of Laia Sanz!

Even Edwardo Gomez did'nt have the use of it, but he does'nt get any help

from RFME as he is not from Catalunya!!!!!!!!

OK

Obviously in Trials - there are classes which cut of at 18 - so we would go to at least this. The World Junior Cup is 18 - 21 ( I think - cannot find book at this moment)

So why are ladies who are over 20 still in the Acadamy ,while some very talented youth B riders are left out? B)

Quote: Andy very well said. Ian (AtomAnt) has only recently returned to the trials scene like myself after many years building up our own sucessfull businesses and families and the guy is so dedicated and passionate it is unreal ! His input is incredable and, like myself we see the future in the kids. We ride on a weekly basis with probably 30-40 of the nicest kids you could wish to meet. To see their riding improve week in week out is a pleasure.

As for money what the heck is the problem with you guys. You spend circa

Edited by Marky G

Someone else has just posted that many Clubs/Centre run very sucessful Training sessions of their own - and this is great and need to be encouraged.

We always used to get a contribution for the 2 day school from the ACU but I don't recall having seen a cheque from them in recent years.

Someone else has just posted that many Clubs/Centre run very sucessful Training sessions of their own - and this is great and need to be encouraged.

We always used to get a contribution for the 2 day school from the ACU but I don't recall having seen a cheque from them in recent years.

I would like some more info on this John if possible please? Where do I get the necessary documentation to apply for the funds to run this?

Thanks

Nigel Dabster Posted Today, 06:56 AM

or this, both pictures from Norway Euro round, mainly youth.

The Norway round was also the last round of the Adult Euro Champs.

At the Youth / Womens only Euro rounds the Big Trucks of

the Spanish/Italien/French federations are rarely seen.

At the last round this year, the Italien truck turned up, (the trial

was in Italy)& the Spanish federation sent a much smaller vehicle which was for the sole use of Laia Sanz!

Even Edwardo Gomez did'nt have the use of it, but he does'nt get any help

from RFME as he is not from Catalunya!!!!!!!!

I think the Trucks were at the first round in Garbagnate Monastero, and the second round Norway(see photos above)and you said some at the 3rd round, so that would be all the UEM rounds Adsy? Regardless of that there is more support from the federations, they were I think at Hawkstone too?

I think Alfredo does get some help from the RFME, they certainly helped with Alexz's entry to a Spanish round aswell.

Marky G. In answer to your question reference our companies (Atom Ant and my own)

sponsoring Youth trials / trials in general the answer is YES WE DO :) . This last year between us we have stumped up a quite considerable sum of our own money :D to help local trials club (s) as well as backing the World Round at Hawkstone which we will again in 2006.We are putting our money where our mouth is, not because of any gain in business revenue from advertising our product but because we passionatly believe in trials and especially the youth sector which is where tomorrows stars and organisers will come from.

re affiliation / licence

while there is a hardcore out there who ride week in and week out, you must remember that trials as the real entry level of motorcycle sport really does benefit form the levy system, as many riders don't ride all that often.

and at the end of the day as someone above has pointed out, if you go ride an AMCA trial you pay one sum, fill in one form and there is no licence, no nothing. part of me questions the amca's wisdom in doing this but on the other hand the simplicity of this is very attractive

rabie :hat: