• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

GET A GASSER 125. I HAVE ONE AND THEY ARE VERY LIGHT

andvery weak!!!

ha and a sherco's parts now where do i start..yes it is true gasgas use cheapo aluminum but sherco must use super cheap tin or something!for example a friend had a 03 sherco in 04 almost brand new!the piston slapped the stickers where falling off the suspension was about as bouncy as a flat bouncy castle and it was very high maintenance!i now nothing about the newer shercos but im not going to get because of this.i am thinking of a beta next year or maybe this if im lucky just for the low maintenace that they seem to have although my gasgas at the moment is brill...other than it breaking down.....and would defiantly consider a new one..although the beta's are definatly tempting!

North Yorkshire Lad's has the Kehin Carb and 9/48 Sprockets. It also has some other mods like Domino Grips(standards too thin and move too easily), YOU HAVE USED WORDS OR A PHRASE WHICH ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE DELETE YOUR POST/TOPIC. DO NOT TRY TO CIRCUMVENT THE FILTERS IN PLACE ON THIS WEBSITE Brake adjuster and Chain adjuster, small Brake lever etc. Getting a new Mod for after Scarborough that should make the bike interesting. Then we'll look at the HC head and the tuning recommended by Julian Wigg.

bit of a noob quistion but please may i ask what is a kehin carb - what does it do - what bike/bikes is it for

Edited by jack_h

its a kehin carb, its a carboreter...somebody please correct my spelling....that has a 28mm diameter air inlet rather than a 26mm one...im not to sure whether its where it sucks the air in though...and it basically smooths out the bottom end and ups the mph :D

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it's my personal experience that although Gas Gas are very light they are very weak aswell, so if you can afford the parts and are good at working on the bike it is the best choice, although they are pretty easy to work on anyway.

Sherco are harder to work on in my opinion, Beta would be somewhere in between and Scorpa are *******s to do work on sometimes.

I'd go for a Gas Gas, or a Beta. Hope my reply made a little sense :thumbup:

• 5 weeks later...

every1 have different opinions its up to the rider to pick his bike and what bikes suites his riding style for a stronger youth the BETA plenty of power much stronger bike a bit heavier more reliable for those who fall a lot!!! like me!!! :beer: ...gassers for the weeker rider but a bit more power maybe???but usually they brake to bits whilst falling!!!Sherco's the same i guess?? more reliable lighter?? power??