Jump to content

NAD1

Brits in Trial GP / Trial GP overall

Recommended Posts

On 12/5/2020 at 3:34 PM, b40rt said:

Alternatively, if Bou rode the ssdt and didn't win ..... 

Those Spaniards don't like mud and they don't like cold.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

On 12/6/2020 at 5:00 PM, on it said:

 

Well What I think is  --- ALL Riders getting sponsorship and payed , but loose that ! they leave the sport,SO,obviously  its only the money keeping them there , it MUST there living as they can not afford to stay without it    

Im about done here, as you refuse to name those riders YOU pointed the finger at...........

As a poi all riders (in the uk) who are sponsored at some level are very unlikely to get "paid" in fact im struggling to think who would be in 2021 and isnt using that pay to fund the travel and simple expenses of competing in the WTC, at any level?

Clearly you are wrong about leaving due to lack of sponsorship as Jack Price had a year to run, and Im sure dibs couldve got some deal if he wanted to do it again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
9 hours ago, nigel dabster said:

Im about done here, as you refuse to name those riders YOU pointed the finger at...........

As a poi all riders (in the uk) who are sponsored at some level are very unlikely to get "paid" in fact im struggling to think who would be in 2021 and isnt using that pay to fund the travel and simple expenses of competing in the WTC, at any level?

Clearly you are wrong about leaving due to lack of sponsorship as Jack Price had a year to run, and Im sure dibs couldve got some deal if he wanted to do it again.

Nigel  its so great WTC & BTC both will survive in there current format and COSTs ! Your right  Im wrong on all counts  with riders knowing full well what they have let themselves in for along with the costs  and with not needing to make a living from it  then no problem for them 

Edited by on it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
10 hours ago, thai-ty said:

Those Spaniards don't like mud and they don't like cold.

 

Apart from Carlos Casas and many others in the ssdt, and Javier Cruz, Javier Gil, Carlos Bosch and at least another ten in the pre 65 and highland 2 day ....?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
7 hours ago, b40rt said:

Apart from Carlos Casas and many others in the ssdt, and Javier Cruz, Javier Gil, Carlos Bosch and at least another ten in the pre 65 and highland 2 day ....?

Ok ok, apart from ...

 

7 hours ago, b40rt said:

Carlos Casas and many others in the ssdt, and Javier Cruz, Javier Gil, Carlos Bosch and at least another ten

What have the Spaniards ever given us?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
On 12/8/2020 at 8:05 PM, b40rt said:

Apart from Carlos Casas and many others in the ssdt, and Javier Cruz, Javier Gil, Carlos Bosch and at least another ten in the pre 65 and highland 2 day ....?

Adam Raga came to the uk to spend some time in mud, practised in the midlands at Ali Haighs farm I think.......

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 

Without naming names one of the top UK riders told me that even for the very top riders (Bou, Raga etc) there is no money in the outdoor world championship. They get paid a nominal wage and costs but there is very little in terms of prize money on offer.

He did say that all of the money is (or was at the time) in indoor trials; with decent starting fees and good prize money. 

I remember watching indoors 10-15 years ago where you would have 10 riders minimum starting that covered most of the top riders in the world, plus some local wildcards. Therefore spreading the prize money around a greater pool of riders. Nowadays its the same 5 riders at every X-trial, so unless you can crack into and stay in that top 5 there is very little money in the sport for any other riders. 

It seems to me the decline in the outdoor world championship is linked to the reduction in participants and constant changing of the format of the X-trials / indoors. 

To me watching indoor trials is akin to watching Ninja Warrior or Total Wipeout on TV. You need to see a good group of people struggle to really appreciate the people who can complete the course. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
14 hours ago, ksv said:

Without naming names one of the top UK riders told me that even for the very top riders (Bou, Raga etc) there is no money in the outdoor world championship. They get paid a nominal wage and costs but there is very little in terms of prize money on offer.

He did say that all of the money is (or was at the time) in indoor trials; with decent starting fees and good prize money. 

I remember watching indoors 10-15 years ago where you would have 10 riders minimum starting that covered most of the top riders in the world, plus some local wildcards. Therefore spreading the prize money around a greater pool of riders. Nowadays its the same 5 riders at every X-trial, so unless you can crack into and stay in that top 5 there is very little money in the sport for any other riders. 

It seems to me the decline in the outdoor world championship is linked to the reduction in participants and constant changing of the format of the X-trials / indoors. 

To me watching indoor trials is akin to watching Ninja Warrior or Total Wipeout on TV. You need to see a good group of people struggle to really appreciate the people who can complete the course. 

Pretty sure Bou Fuji Raga and Dougie have made a good living from trials, mainly outdoor. Cabes and fajardo have made a bit due to longevity i guess.

I cant recall the figures but did get the idea that indoors cant be the golden goose, if you do the maths for sheffield the win cant bemore than 4 figures surely?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
On 12/8/2020 at 9:30 AM, nigel dabster said:

 

As a poi all riders (in the uk) who are sponsored at some level are very unlikely to get "paid" in fact im struggling to think who would be in 2021 and isnt using that pay to fund the travel and simple expenses of competing in the WTC, at any level?

 

 

5 hours ago, nigel dabster said:

Pretty sure Bou Fuji Raga and Dougie have made a good living from trials, mainly outdoor. Cabes and fajardo have made a bit due to longevity i guess.

 

so  which is it Nigel ? you have confused me are they Making a living out of trials OR Not making a living out of trials ? so of course the top riders want harder sections its to keep them at the top of the pay packet 

Edited by on it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
21 hours ago, on it said:

 

so  which is it Nigel ? you have confused me are they Making a living out of trials OR Not making a living out of trials ? so of course the top riders want harder sections its to keep them at the top of the pay packet 

In the past those named above have earned money from trials. I would also say in recent years with the michaud no-stop rules the sections were eased and prolonged the careers of the top riders like never before.

In 2021 in the uk I dont think any riders are earning from the sport.

 

Simple enough to understand now?

 

I've answered your question, so for the zillionth time of asking who do you say are these riders and I quote "  these elite/top riders feel- the sport owes them a living"  ???

Edited by nigel dabster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
6 hours ago, nigel dabster said:

In the past those named above have earned money from trials. I would also say in recent years with the michaud no-stop rules the sections were eased and prolonged the careers of the top riders like never before.

In 2021 in the uk I dont think any riders are earning from the sport.

 

Simple enough to understand now?

 

I've answered your question, so for the zillionth time of asking who do you say are these riders and I quote "  these elite/top riders feel- the sport owes them a living"  ???

Try and KEEP up Nigel here it is simple for you 

 A. its NOT 2021 YET so who knows ! 

B. the TOPIC is about  trial GP so not trial GB  so what has 2021 and riders in the UK got to do with anything ?  I say again GP

  AS ive said a zilionth time " I class all " i say again   I CLASS ALL sponsored riders  a problem ! because they are part of the problem pushing the higher end of the sport  into the decline its in , pushing sections harder and harder  so of course they push harder and harder its no big deal to them they smash a bike up there not the ones picking the full  cost of bills up are they !  as I said in other posts trials is ONLY a amateur sport (going well) but  were sponsorship is involved its in decline even at club level (expert course)  trials needs to split  AMATEUR or SPONSORED  and not the  mix  we have now ! and before you say ! sponsorship  USED to work well back in the day when it was 1 route for all as ,everyone had the same chance !  and YES i have been a sponsored rider so know full well the advantage it gives you

So to recap for Nigel " I class" ALL i say again "ALL"  "ALL" ALL" sponsored riders the/a problem ! AND  the topic is about TRIAL GP  Thats NOT trial GB !! elite riders living? well they soon leave when they drop down a few places  and not get the same sponsorship ,so how many of these  top/elite riders have a 9-5 day job away from bikes ? and on the subject why do people take up a profession if not to make a living from it 

Edited by on it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

World Trials is so far away from what Trials is in the UK they'd be better off rebranding it as say ' Extreme Trials '.

It's also boring to watch , turn , big step , turn , big step etc etc .

The rules are not consistently enforced 

There is little or no promotion whatsoever since Jake stopped his involvement (say what you like about J.Miller but he had the right idea with the free / live streaming)

There is no real money in it unless you make the top 5 .

Honda have a financial advantage over the others and can basically afford anything they need .

Too many Spanish style sections . 

Sorry if these points have already been covered , i couldn't be bothered to read all the argumentative comments above ?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Should run them all like a mini Scott, no inspection just flat out against the clock, at least it would be great fun. You would get a decent entry too I'll wager.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
On 12/13/2020 at 7:31 PM, motorcycleemptyness said:

World Trials is so far away from what Trials is in the UK they'd be better off rebranding it as say ' Extreme Trials '.

It's also boring to watch , turn , big step , turn , big step etc etc .

The rules are not consistently enforced 

There is little or no promotion whatsoever since Jake stopped his involvement (say what you like about J.Miller but he had the right idea with the free / live streaming)

There is no real money in it unless you make the top 5 .

Honda have a financial advantage over the others and can basically afford anything they need .

Too many Spanish style sections . 

Sorry if these points have already been covered , i couldn't be bothered to read all the argumentative comments above ?

give us a list (excluding 2020) of the WTC events you've visited in the last few years?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...