What If..............................?

gizza5

What if.......................

There was no religion in this world, seems every time you switch on the telly it revolves around religion?

No crusifix jewellery to be worn, no veils, relegious wars world-wide, etc. etc.

Just makes you wonder what the world and the population would fight and bicker over if there was no religion????

My bikes better than your bike :lol::thumbup:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could rant forever on this topic. All I will say is I am VERY envious of my parents. My Dad was born in 1945, my Mum in 1946. There was never a better time to be on this planet in my opinion Post-WWII it was hard, but they hit their teenage years at the most exciting time ever. Late 50's, 60's was an awesome time to grow up if you look into it. Rock 'n' Roll was new, the Beatnick thing was new, the world was changing, but in a positive way.

We then move on to when I was a kid. We played outside from dawn till dusk and as long as you were home by dark or when your Mum shouted out the window then all was fine. There was no hassle. We feared nobody except the local bobbie who'd give us a clip round the ear if we gave him any cheek.

We now see news that kids are obese because parents are too scared to let them go out and play. We see news that Merseyside police are proposing using airborne drones to police the youth. We see news that schools are to gain approval to deploy airport style metal detectors. What the hell is going on?

In my opinion, the Government have really lost the grip on the values that made this country once great and, I'm afraid, a lot of that is due to EU membership and the influence our relationship with the USA and it's litigious "sue for everything and sue big time" nature has had on our traditional values.

The more time I spend in places like Italy or Spain, the more I'm tempted to jack it all in and move there. Family circumstances mean I can't right now, but in my opinion, Britain sucks...

You may think Britain sucks, but mainly just because living up close there. I'd say the same thing about here (USA). Ultimately, I think it's because PEOPLE choose to do bad stuff, but never my responsibility of course.

Look at the garden of Eden: adam blamed the woman, woman blamed the serpent, not my fault.

Everybody has religion, we all worship something: god, nature, self, pleasure, power, etc. etc. and utlimately when MY needs and wants get thwarted, I get mad, etc. back to personal responsibility for choices and actions.

So, my recipe, put equal loads of GG, Mont, Beta, Sherco, and some mixed in Scorpas, on a transport to middle east. Instead of killing each other over nataional or ehtnic 0r religious divisions, maybe they can argue with Raplh on oh, yeah, well my bike is better. Knowing human beings, probably kill each other on whether it was really a dab or not!

k

Neon, because of your comment.

Atom, no.

Andy right on the money!

Kevin you are CORRECT.

Why do folks think it's OK to attack (Christian) religion?

Can't attack any other group or your being politicaly incorrect.

It just seems that being a (sort of) middle aged white male Christian from the USA that (I) we are some sort of target.

What's the deal? I didn't choose to be white. I didn't choose what country to come out of the womb in. I didn't choose my sex.

I'm still proud and happy to be all of these. I DID choose my Religion, and it's what I'm most proud and happy about. In my Church we pray for people.

I think most of these things are an excuse to hate too but at least in this century the Christians aren't the one's cutting heads off in the name of their god.

Where's Chris UK in a time like this? :lol:

In my opinion, the Government have really lost the grip on the values that made this country once great and, I'm afraid, a lot of that is due to EU membership and the influence our relationship with the USA and it's litigious "sue for everything and sue big time" nature has had on our traditional values.

In my opinion, the statement above is really the problem, it is not "the government" that lost a grip

It is personal accountability. Holding the actual person that did the act, said the things or whatever accountable. (and if you did it, standing up and saying, yep, it was me, my fault, etc. not pawning it off on something, or someone else)

It is us, the people that want someone else to blame and to pay.

And then while trying to make someone else pay, we take it past the point of reason, they don't have to pay a reasonable amount to make things right, we want them to pay millions to "punish" them.

Sorry, rant over. :lol:

Guys!!!Guys!!! All abit serious for here, now do the clicky thing below, take the day off tomorrow and fire that Trials bike bike up in the morning for a days ride, all will be better

MMMMMMMM clicky thing isnt working on here ???? Admin: Yes it does :lol:

Clicky Here

Edited by Betarev3

You Think I'm Joking

Also read today on another forum as written in the ''Daily Mail''.............

Police dogs will have to be muzzled from now on in fear of forces being sued by criminals for dog bites all to do with euopean human rights. The dogs are now being taught to head butt, this is being recommended by the chief Constable of Northern Wales who is in charge of dog training.

Hey you couldn't make this up surely this is what Police Dogs are meant to do!!!!! and as for the dogs enforcing the ''Glaswegian Kiss'' that'll be worthy seeing.

As Andy said we used to be scared off the local 'Bobby', not only are the kids not scared of them anymore, but the dogs will be a pushover!

I vote next for rubber truncheons, because the present ones don't half hurt :lol:

Edited by GIZZA5

You know, I hate high taxes but the one thing I'd be in favour of

it more taxes to build more jails.

The same few folks keep commiting the same crimes.

Taking lives, raping, molesting, stealing.

Not including what that does to our emotions, families and pocketbooks, it drives up insurance.

I'd hate to be a cop and keep arresting the same people over and over just so a judge can let them walk with a slap on the wrist.

Any one have any ideas on how to fix it?

Added on edit.

When I read the first post I was whistling to myself subconsciencly "Imagine" by John Lennon

Now I just caught myself whistling "Revolution"

weird :lol:

Edited by Brian R