Beta Evo 2009

nick_heane

Sitting looking at a pic of my Rev 3 on the desktop and a pic of the Evo. Evo is right it certainly breaks new ground in design the same as the Zero, Techno and Rev 3 did at the time. The first iteration of any bike is always a bit "WTF" but it's a Beta and is guaranteed to sell shedloads. As usual Beta have got the marketing spot on, we've been discussing it here for weeks.

Couple of criticisms, expansion chamber will look like sh!t after a few trials and the ignition module looks scarily easy to damage, no FI is disappointing and why go to a dogbone linkage after all the years of linkless suspension can only assume they are looking at improving performance at the top level and this might be a way of doing it, graphics could be a bit more dynamic.

However, It looks really light and the 290 is certain to have some serious grunt. On the whole I think Beta have worked the magic yet again. I'd have one in a minute but the bank manager said no as soon as she saw me looking at it last night ..... :thumbup:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New Beta evo looks like it has evolved thats probarbly why there are so many Beta 08's for sale in the classified ads on this site as everybody wants this one. I also admire Beta's marketing startergy as they keep the devleopment of the new bike very secretive and when they do make it public you can buy one within a month unlike other manufacturers who tell everyone a year before about a bike that they are going to bring out (like a dangling a mouldy carrot in front of your face) :) However to judge how successful a new bike is going to be we need answers to a few important questions can anybody help?

1.) How much is the 2 stroke and 4 stroke going to be?

2.) Looks a slim bike but how much does it weigh?

3.) Why b****y hell does beta always have to put the kickstart on the LHS :thumbup: ?

looking at it , it takes a bit of getting used to after the rev3. i think that the radiator filler cap looks a bit vunerable to damage ,sticking out like it does compared to the rev 3 that was a pain in the a*** to get to. same crap footrests, front mudguard looks like the fork brace has become part of it ,just hope its stronger than the current front mudguards that are quite btittle [and expensive]. well my lads keen on one to replace his 08 125 rev 3 , will just have to wait and see how much they are .

Looks like it has been designed by ABBA's costume department. Some huge shoulder pads, diamante platform boots and maybe a cape would complete the look!

If you can remember that then your over forty and will also look rubbish in Power Ranger lycra suits. So maybe Beta have been clever here to appeal to the younger riders who have been brought up on Transformers and the like. (The exhaust is really a ray gun.)

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...