Who Needs A Pay Rise Anyway

andy.t

You been on the Iron Bru again ?

red Kola mate...all them e numbers... :dunce:

Slapsot 3, I guess you must be referring to me with regards the whining and moaning. I don't just do it behind my managers back,he knows exactly how I feel, if you say nothing then your employers will just think that you are happy with what they have done and continue to force things upon you because they think you don't care (think like the French people is what I say) and you are wrong about saying nothing as its proven that a good whine and moan gets results, just ask any man who is married!!!

you can't change things to your benefit if you sit on your a*** whining about it all the time

Not directly Andy T, it's a general thing really, I've said it at home in the last few weeks as well.

Am i right in thinking you work for the Met office i might be wrong.

Spot on Bilco

Anyway towards the end of last year someone was telling me down here in Exeter that maybe the Met office will be sold off,don't know how much of it.but it would be bad new's if you get a private company inside there.

Every five years or so the do something called a quinquennial review, looking at the way the relative agencies within the government conduct their business, whether they are profitable or not and whether they are enough of a cost burden that a return can be made on then when selling. Simply we're not in that category but as a visible agency in the UK our name always comes up.

The Defence Met Board, our bosses, are very keen that something so critical to the whole infrastructure of the country remains a public body, they continually defend our position and that's been successful now for at least the length of my career, 25years. Contrary to the belief and malicious nonsense spread on here we do actually do a lot of good work around the country, you just never hear about the good stuff.

Edited by Slapshot 3

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C'mon some you tightwads, defer your car maintenance due to hard times! Then I can send you the REAL billing! I love it when things blow up!

Better yet, just let the wife maintain the cars! No worry! I am busy counting tightwads! :dunce:

Ok, presumably those of you who have started up your own companies (and by the way I wish I had the vision/courage to do the same) reserve the right to charge the maximum the market will stand, as an employee I expect to do the same. I will keep justifying and asking for better pay and conditions. I don

I sense your getting off on this downturn Atom.

Errr no way - That comment was very tounge in cheek. Downturn is affecting me same as most people. I just want to see the back of it ASAP same as everyone else.

Pay rise!! we had to pay mill owner to work there, get up two hours before we went to bed, work 28 hours a day, mill owner would whip us with barbed wire each day before we went home to sleep in't box by side of road.

Pay rise!! we had to pay mill owner to work there, get up two hours before we went to bed, work 28 hours a day, mill owner would whip us with barbed wire each day before we went home to sleep in't box by side of road.

Eh! You had a box?

Gotta be a Monty Python sketch surely :dunce:

I agree with Atom, I'm sure that brought an angelic smile to Graham Chapmans face.

Jon

ps. Jeez, wish WE woulda had a box.........

If the Social Security goes tits up just giving annual pay raises to Jon and the millions of Boomers, I will be in a box! :dunce:

Yep, yep, yep.

We, The Grateful Almost-Dead, salute you. We rely on young pups like you to help us maintain our lavish lifestyles and if I didn't have that $495 a month, I just don't know what I'd do! Poop, I never should have started to contribute to Social Security when I was 12 years old............:D I think that anybody in the U.S. that does not have a sound savings and investment plan for retirement, and only relies only on Social Security for the future is in for a rude awakening when they start to think about retiring, which of course, by then will be too late.

Copey, you just got to start having a lot more kids so you'll have somebody to take care of you in your "advanced years" (and pay into the SS system in the meantime). :thumbup: :thumbup: :huh::) :)

Jon

Darnnit to heck! If I told that pool boy once, I've told him a hundred times, DON'T PARK THE DAMN YACHT IN THE SWIMMING POOL!

JSE Posted Today, 02:12 PM

Darnnit to heck! If I told that pool boy once, I've told him a hundred times, DON'T PARK THE DAMN YACHT IN THE SWIMMING POOL!

You must really be hit with financial hard times.......The retirees I know have a pool boy AND a Valet to take care of the parking.

It is so hard to find good help these days.

I am convinced the missus hates our 21yr old perfect bodied female maid. :dunce: Oh life is rough.