Who Needs A Pay Rise Anyway

andy.t

[ my point is how long should you just accept the kind of crap like my manager is giving me, quote].

Simple answer is you don't- If you don't like it you have the same choice as the rest of us- walk away and get another job- if you have the b***s.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy T.,

Did you actually expect to get sympathy from posting on the board an obvious "Oh woe is me, my life sucks cuz I'm not rich and my boss is a Dick" whining and belly aching post. If you want sympathy complain to your significant other or the lads at the pub.

I too did not receive a raise, Also my overtime has been cut dramatically, But hey I got a good job, I can pay my bills, I can still go ride. I got nothing to complain about.

I also know of people taking pay cuts.

If you want advice on what to do write to "Dear Abby"

Edited by ZIPPY

I usually read the anything goes section because it cheers me up, but Jeez.

Andy T. Stop moaning. I just lost my Dad and my mate's father-in-law is in hospital struggling to regain consciousness after a bike crash. In the grand scheme of things, your pay rise seems pretty small beer! Your (fiscal) life may suck, but why do you think anyone else needs to be burdened with it? I, like many others consider myself lucky to have my health, never mind a job, never mind a pay rise.

Also, I am an appraising manager. Had I got wind of your rantings on an open forum (and these things do travel, you know!), I would have not been best pleased!

Sorry for my lack of sympathy, but your issue is best dealt with in private...

Now, anyone know anything about genital warts?

:thumbup:

GrahamJayzee, Anything goes, so thats anything, but being a manager I wouldn't expect you to understand. Heres some food for thought, let us suppose a company has decided to let all their employees have a say in as to whether their direct managers deserve a pay rise, they are asked to make notes during the year of any instances where their manager has failed them,( I could write a book) at the end of the year all notes are to be handed in and the managers pay assessed on partly because of the results. Do you think the manager would then think twice about coming out with a load of crap on what you have done and stop you having a rise so he can give it to some a*** lick.

PS Zippy I wasn't looking for any sympathy.ain't you a manager also?

Andy.T Posted Today, 01:15 PM

PS Zippy I wasn't looking for any sympathy.ain't you a manager also?

Nope ain't nowhere near being a manager!!! I am a lowly hourly employee that is told what to do on a regular basis. I am a production employee that takes pride in what I do and try to do my best at it. My manager ain't perfect (they are all human anyways) but he does know what kind of employee I am.

So maybe you should consider what kind of employee you are.

If you weren't looking for sympathy, what were you looking for..........a donation?

I'm not for a minute suggesting you don't have a case to fight, just that this really doesn't seem like the place to do it. Given the current climate, it really does seem like a bit of a winge to me (and I suspect others!).

Unless you were inviting some abuse. In which case, you've come to the right place!

It would be interesting to know if your manager got a pay rise for not giving you and your fellow workers a pay rise.The answer is for you and your workmate's to slack off on production to what you think your hourly is worth,problem is most of them would'nt agree to doing that because there scared,they would prefer to work overtime unpaid and yes there's plenty of that happening at the moment.

I know people are downing this topic but it is interesting,we've put ourselve's in this position of bending over for the company,what did your company give you in the high time's,sweet FA.

No wonder why woman are making there way up the ladder,there the only one's that have ball's anymore.

Edited by bilc0

Im my exerience , anyone who has to ask for a pay rise, don't normally deserve one in the first place.

Disagree, having worked for large multinationals most of my working life they are full of people doing above average work for their salary. They don't promote themselves and as such tend to come second place to those who make a better job of presenting themselves as the high achievers (which they may well be as well). You should always push your boss for a rise but bring data.

I'd agree with those who said you should be thankful you have a job right now and quit whinging about getting a payrise. I got notification yesterday that a "period of consultation is to take place" to cut 10% of my immediate team and that's coming from a company who is very strong position in the market, despite the downturn.

I *think* I'm okay as I'm the only person in Scotland who does what I do for my employers, but nothing is guaranteed. I'll find out by Thursday if I still have a job. You don't seem to have that threat hanging over you so you should be thankful you're not in the position of uncertainty so many of us have been put in, through no fault of our own, and quit p****** and moaning.