What Did You Do To Your Gas Gas Today?

shipdamite

Shyted,

If money be no object I would go for a brand new 2014 GasGas 300 race. I took a 2013 300 Raga for a spin and that bike was SWEET!!!!

What I did to my GasGas........... As part of the little "Scavenger Hunt" that I am sending my kids on in order to find where their presents are hidden I used this clue "When riding Expert class this side of me will be seen...........A LOT"

Yep, the next clue is taped to the bottom of the skidplate :D

So today with my GasGas , it got a new baby , a 2013 250 Pro at a good price .Pick it up after i get home on the 7th(ISH)

It's second hand and the prior owner has bought a 2014 Montesa.

Edited by shyted
  • Like 1

Here's the hand full of pictures i've been threatening to post of the 280s motor.

So as you can see , the crank case has marks on it.

I've come to the conclusion that the mains have residue on them from a combination of little use,left standing for 2 years

by it's previous owner,and the use of poor quality2 stroke oil.

Only the little end had any noticable play.

post-16629-0-49316300-1387910828_thumb.jpg

post-16629-0-53731000-1387910875_thumb.jpg

post-16629-0-55590200-1387910908_thumb.jpg

post-16629-0-14766600-1387910947_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Cool! How'd you do, Andrew? I would imagiine there were no problems with mud stopping the front wheel now? Godd idea on that, btw. :icon_salut:

Jimmie

Hi Jimmie - the conditions at this trial were much kinder than the last trial; the last trial was in an old quarry that was in a very clayey and chalkey area, whereas todays trial was 100 miles north and in a sandy forest with only odd patches of clay. I think that I probably only dropped half the amount of points that I did a year ago - that was the main objective .................. to see an improvement! it was getting quite a bit colder in the afternoon though, so everyones bikes were running that little bit weaker and needing a quick tweek on the fuel or air screw. By the next trial, I will be out on my TY 175 (with a rebuilt motor and new bearings in the chassis [but a scabby frame and a dented tank .................])

• Like 1

Been here in the North sea all Christmas and New year . No trial (only by rig food any how) looked at pictures of bikes and the raciept for the latest edition to the GASGAS clan going to my work shop and hope there's no severe weather when i get home . Choppers eve today though . Aberdeen tomorrow !

Happy new year Zippy and Mr Neutron .