What Did You Do To Your Gas Gas Today?

shipdamite

What did I do to my GasGas? Well, the last couple days I walked past it and lovingly squeezed the clutch lever just before firing up my snow thrower.

Riding in the snow can be fun, but I don't like the cold and for some reason the driveway needs to be clear. So no riding for me and no wrenching on the bike...........for now. Too busy with "life".............I have been trying to convince the Wife and the boss that Trials IS Life. But they don't agree. :(

• Like 2

Are you guys getting dumped on with the white stuff, Zippy?It's really cold, from what I understand........ Hope that ends soon..... It's pretty much the majority of the television news I hear......

I rode our Boxing Day Trial (actually held on the 29th of December), and that's the last time my bike got ridden. I've cleaned the air filter, and the bike now awaits a tranny oil change. But kinda like Zippy, Shyted, & others, life has been having to come first. I'm getting a "jump" on next year's firewood, and dumped a 50+ foot tall maple. It's almost all split & stacked...... :stupid:

Next tree I fall will have at least some of it as a trials obstacle. "All firewood & no Trials Obstacles makes Jimmie a dull boy", I believe the old saying goes....... :shutup:

Jimmie

Edited by mr neutron
  • Like 3

Hey you two do you know that the U.K is getting an upgraded status on the weather front ! The rainy seasons been made even longer !

Wish we still needed to make a wood fire ,it's the one thing i miss every day ,getting up chopping and making a fire. Input equals reward .

• Like 1

Hey you two do you know that the U.K is getting an upgraded status on the weather front ! The rainy seasons been made even longer !

Wish we still needed to make a wood fire ,it's the one thing i miss every day ,getting up chopping and making a fire. Input equals reward .

Jimmy, Zippy - dont Let Shyted lead you into thinking that its that warm here ................ I am still having a fire in the evening! ...............

• Like 1

Jimmie,

I have done the firewood thing for grandparents in the past. drop trees, cut and split (with an axe), even went to their house once a week to make sure the wood racks on the back porch were full so they didn't have to venture more than a few feet outside. So yep I know that firewood thing is a ton of work.

We have gotten a fair amount of snow, I don't pay attention to number too much, about 12-18 inches the past few days depending on which report you like. Temps have been pretty low. Low of -12 F (-24C) last night and a high of +7 F (-14C) today. I think that is the coldest so far..........but that is relative when it has been below 0 F for multiple nights.

I agree you must get trials obstacles out of at least 1 of every 3 trees you drop. our most recent aquisition.

(Biffsgasgas is the awesome rider, I am the ever ready minder)

Biffs%20big%20stump.jpg

• Like 3

Are you guys getting dumped on with the white stuff, Zippy?It's really cold, from what I understand........ Hope that ends soon..... It's pretty much the majority of the television news I hear......

Yep Michigan got dumped on and it was -12F this morning. The plant where they build the pickup that is named after a Dinosaur, forgot to turn on the heat. The plant where they build a word for seeing clearly had 500 no shows so none of those cars were being built today. (can't get more specific than that as a vehicle engineer responsible for both product lines)

I was prepared however.

F5AC8AC2-9CE0-449E-962C-ABCE75BC1E11_zpsinbltcur.jpg1FBA5FCE-2172-4FD6-AE72-CD1859335407_zpsoykqy47o.jpg

--Biff

• Like 3

Man, that's some serious cold goin' on there....... :frosty: When you need to be dressed like you're ready to rescue Ice Breaker ships in Antarctica, and you have an "inside job", it's pretty cold, I'm thinkin'.......

Wow. I have absolutely NO reason to whine...... From where I sit, it's raining, and 35-40 deg (farenheit) outside. I'll make a fire a few hours before we turn in. And then I think I'll pray a prayer of "Thanks!" that we're havin' it pretty good here......

And that was a serious stump/obstacle! Very nice! That was a huge tree! I'm fairly certain I don't have the skill to do that one, but also probably don't have the brains to not try.......

All this trials talk kinda makes me wanna go squeeze mah ole clutch lever a few times......

Jimmie

Aaaahumm! Just got back from the shores of sunny Dumbarton in Scotland .

For our unacquainted American and in deed Continental viewers it's by the side of the river Clyde near Loch Lomand.

Returned with this little jem.post-16629-0-42679700-1389291874_thumb.jpgpost-16629-0-83346600-1389291939_thumb.jpg

I would like to thank the Tax man for screwing me for nearly 14 months , and the rebate i got, which has enabled me to buy this bike . SOOOOO THANK YOU !

To day is GasGas day, YIPEEE!

And yes it's in the house.

Hey Coops and Guys a very happy new year to you both !

Edited by shyted
  • Like 3

Jimmy, Zippy - dont Let Shyted lead you into thinking that its that warm here ................ I am still having a fire in the evening! ...............

Hey ship it's actually colder here than it was in the North North Sea, although the reverse vertical snow we got had to be seen to be believed ( the wind was so hard it was blowing it back up to the sky). Every where is flooded to hell but in Dumbarton today it was sunny!Still colder than a witches tit though. Edited by shyted
  • Like 1

Hey ship it's actually colder here than it was in the North North Sea, although the reverse vertical snow we got had to be seen to be believed ( the wind was so hard it was blowing it back up to the sky). Every where is flooded to hell but in Dumbarton today it was sunny!Still colder than a witches tit though.

Today, I will be getting ''colder than a witches tit'' into as many conversations as possible! - brilliant.

Ted - what a great bike! you must be over the moon. Hopefully you will be tearing it down to do a grease job ............ I do this to every bike, even the new ones; factories don't grease stuff up anymore (my new enduro bike had zilch grease anywhere [i use the marine grade stuff]) Oh yeah, dont forget to zip tie the rear fender ;-] I would think about putting an hr meter on the bike as its new ................... then you can keep an eye on the maintenance (under £10 on eblag)

cheers

• Like 1

The bike is used, and is a 2013 model ,and yes it will be getting the treatment before it turns a wheel out side of our place .Over the moon can't explain how that itch is getting scratched that's inside . I sat last night gibbering to my self on how engineer's make a thing of eye pleasing beauty like that (pleasing music is now playing in the back ground in my head) when in walks my missus and say's "who are you talking to"?

The guy i bought it from was 280 lbs ( 127.006 kg ) and 6 ft 5" (1.9558 mt) and had hands like shovels .

If in the future any one finds a bike or needs a car go and see Brad from Kenmure car sales . A one man band . I'll say now buy it because the guy is bob on.Not an engineer by any stretch of the imagination ,but he's honest and he don't talk pissh .

Edited by shyted