What Did You Do To Your Gas Gas Today?

shipdamite

Melted the plastic end cap of my silencer. Not a happy bunny :wall:

are they just made of 'normal' plastic? why on earth did they make them in a material that would melt? the only non metal material I have seen on exhausts before is carbon fibre (ackropovic).......................... The c.t.c retro-fix isn't a cheap one.

Does it have to be left on the exhaust, or can it be dispensed with?

My '10 model Pro 280 is still scattered all over my barn, waiting for parts, and for my knee to get totally mended. I have the clutch cover loose (no bolts in it) as I'm waiting for my new kickstart idler gear to arrive. With the clutch cover loose, I don't dare pump my clutch lever when I walk by the old War Horse. I fear I'm beginning to suffer from "Clutch Pump Withdrawl Syndrome"..... :chairfall: My wife's Honda XR100's clutch lever is beginning to look mighty good these days..... :rotfl:

A side issue here: Can anyone possibly direct me to a thread about removal of the kickstart shaft on these later model Pro bikes? I've tried doing a "SEARCH", and have pretty much struck out. I've seen the trialspartsusa tech video of how to install it, which is helpful. From that I've wondered if you just simply pull the thing out, expecting it to sort of "spin", or "unwind", at a certain point?

Sorry for the sidetrack here. :icon_salut:

Jimmie

My 2003 300 pro is a "new to me" bike, so I have begun the task of checking it all out, changing fluids etc.. and setting it up to my own particular desired settings.

Today I worked on the front end of the Old B.A.G.G. (Old Bad Ass Gas Gas).

new front Wheel bearings

New Front brake pads

New tube

Changed Fork Oil

Zip Tied my Number plate on

And of course I pumped my clutch lever ............ a couple times. :wub:

Got to putt around on a 2012 GG Raga 300 and Sherco 305 back to back. It was fun comparing the 2 against each other - conclusion - there both great bikes. The Sherco is a very easy bike to ride - very stable, smooth motor and turns well. I own a 2011 Raga 280 and the 300 is smoother for sure.

into these bar risers. The original 'long' bolts go into the inward (back) mounting holes and some 70mm bolts are then needed for the outward (front) mounting holes - I used button head bolts. The c/c holes in the aluminium bar are 40mm. Not the most beautiful creation, but that 18mm raise allows 6' 2'' me to turn the bike a lot tighter without getting tied up - an amazing improvement............ total monetary cost was £1 for two new bolts. The aluminum was in the shed already.

post-17421-0-40854600-1360254313_thumb.jpg

• Like 1