What Did You Do To Your Gas Gas Today?

shipdamite

so, when i next go to the shed to squeeze the clutch lever, what can i do to it to make it less 'on and off'........... I have set the free play to (a measured) 2mm, new master cylinder repair kit, new mineral oil and no air...... fully synth putoline oil (which in my opinion has improved things over the atf that was in it when i bought it)............ or is it just a gas gas thing? it must be kind of ok as i can get neutral with my boot with the engine running........... one i saw yesterday didnt look so user friendly........

cheers

Andrew

Jimmie said ............

'I did go out to the barn, and after squeezing my clutch lever a few times, thought I'd chance a ride. I should have just hit myself in head with a hammer instead. I went for about 5 minutes, and rode over a stump I've done dozens of times. I didn't clear it this time, and came down on the skid plate. I now have a an expensive sounding clattering noise coming from the clutch side of my bike............'

hopefully its a long lost nut/bolt or something...........

Edited by shipdamite

Jimmie said ............

'I did go out to the barn, and after squeezing my clutch lever a few times, thought I'd chance a ride. I should have just hit myself in head with a hammer instead. I went for about 5 minutes, and rode over a stump I've done dozens of times. I didn't clear it this time, and came down on the skid plate. I now have a an expensive sounding clattering noise coming from the clutch side of my bike............'

hopefully its a long lost nut/bolt or something...........

I'm hoping much the same, Shipdamite. Or that it is some fastener that was already loose, and the jarring I gave it on my old maple stump was the final straw in shaking it loose..... These bikes certainly seem to vibrate & loosen things up a lot, don't they?

On the clutch, yours sounds like it works better than mine. I LOVE mine when riding. I like the feel & the way it works..... EXCEPT when trying to find neutral. I've given up mostly, and simply use my hand. I'm not so certain that perceived problem is as much the clutch as it is the really short shift lever.......

Tazz229 said:

Took another look at my broken leg and dreamed of getting back on my bike soon lol

Suddenly my problems seem pretty insignificant...... Hang in there Tazz. Hope it goes quick for you! Did you do that on your bike?

Jimmie

i never get problems finding neutral when its up to running temp, only when the engine is cold. if you're having difficulty, normally a handful of revs will assist in finding neutral

On a side note a handful of revs and quick release of the clutch will assist you in finding the ground. :D

Well, Congrats on getting through your first Trial, Shipdamite!! I ride at the Novice level here, and last June I recall being totally flabbergasted (and beaten!) by those tight turns they threw at us Newbies. :wacko: I had way more 5s & 3s than I thought I'd get. I'd been to watch a couple of local trials, and sitting alongside the Novice sections, thought they looked pretty easy. Man, was I ever wrong! But I did have a boatload of fun, however. The guys on the two twinshock bikes I rode with were great to ride with.....Stay with it; it actually does get easier, sometimes..... Zippy, you must be Blessed Amongst Men! You have a Gas Gas Trials bike, a Truck of Death, a Lucky Penguin, and the legs of swimsuit model! Well, maybe not the last one there.... I went to your website, and did happen to read the article about knee braces. That's gonna be relevant to me in the future.... Neilh & ShercoBen12, you guys are my Heroes! :thumbup: Anybody that got to ride today, crash, pick their bike up, and ride some more is my Hero! And Ben, is it that warm there to ride in a T-shirt, or are you just gonna ride no matter what? :icon_salut: I did go out to the barn, and after squeezing my clutch lever a few times, thought I'd chance a ride. I should have just hit myself in head with a hammer instead. I went for about 5 minutes, and rode over a stump I've done dozens of times. I didn't clear it this time, and came down on the skid plate. I now have a an expensive sounding clattering noise coming from the clutch side of my bike. :wall: Jimmie

I have seen (and also done this) guys in upper classed (advanced, expert) ride up some hard, gnarly obstacle and then take points on a tight turn. The basics are not too exciting to watch, but very very important to your final score at all levels.

Thank you for the kind words, I am a blessed man. I also have the legs of a swimsuit model, for those looking to purchase swimsuits made for the Buddha body type. :beer:

Hope you enjoyed the Team WGASA website, we are working to make it better. But it is mostly a bit of silliness that goes along with how we ride.

Shercoben12 is a teenager and those lads could wear a T-shirt in a blizzard and look at us old farts and say "What? it's not cold out." :hyper:

You may want to pop that clutch cover off and find the source of said noise. Does it make the noise at idle or just when reving? does the sound change with the revs (speed up/slow down) Does it make the noise when the clutch lever is pulled in or when clutch lever is out? I just recently got my Gas Gas so I have not gotten real familiar with it yet. Sorry no tips as to what it might be.

Took another look at my broken leg and dreamed of getting back on my bike soon lol

Heal up quick, as much as you want to ride DON'T go back to it too soon!!! A few weeks of healing is better spent then years of irreversible damage. In the meantime I suggest an Xbox 360 and Trials HD and Trials Evolution as a substitute.

http://www.redlynxtrials.com/trials-hd

Hey, Zippy!!!

Yeah, the rattling/clattering noise seems to get faster in frequency as the revs go up, and then the noise slows down as the revs fall. It seems to be coming from the area of the clutch. But since I recently put a flywheel weight on my bike, and thinking maybe that I somehow botched that install, or a bolt came loose, I took the shifter & ignition side cover off first to look under there. Everything is still good on that side. I'm planning on ordering a gasket for the clutch side cover tomorrow. A friend of mine with a new Raga model tells me that the stock paper gaskets almost always tear when you remove the cover. He says someone out there makes a metal/fiber gasket that doesn't tear, and is reuseable, and said it'd be a good idea if I got one of those before I took the cover off, if possible. I'll likely take his advice, and try Lewisport USA to see if they have those gaskets. I'm in no real hurry to fix it. Next Monday I get a total knee replacement, so I'll be out of commission for a couple of months. I'm afraid the scar from that will end my blossoming "Knee Modeling" career I was planning on trying, but I will still be able to do the Michelin Man Look alike jobs when they come along.There may be offers from Pilsbury to do their Dough Boy stand in as well......

Yeah, I've asked Sherco Ben about his winter riding with a t-shirt before. That young man amazes me! I've never met him, but I absolutely admire his willingness to ride regardless of the outside temps & weather. I've been told that the weather in the UK and western OR where I live are very similar. Here it's been wet, and was really cold last week.I wear enough clothes to stay warm, and withstand a brutal 2 mph fall that's inevitable every time I ride my bike, hee hee..... i wind up looking like the Michelin Man I mentioned above.

Jimmie

Edited by mr neutron

mr neutron,

Good luck with the knee replacement hope all goes well. just remember "Chicks dig scars"

Maybe you should keep your skills up to speed with the Trials HD/EVO (No I have no financial stake in these games. I just really enjoy them and want others to have a good time as well)

posting photo's.................

................. Andy say's:

REPLYING TO A TOPIC

If you want to post an image in a reply to a topic that either you or someone else has started then scroll to the “Reply to this topic” box at the bottom of the topic as you would normally do and then click “More Reply Options” in the bottom right:

gif.gif more_reply_options.jpg 13.91K 0 downloads

Once you’ve done that, you’ll see the “Attach Files” section below the reply input box. From here, the process for uploading and attaching images is exactly the same as it is for starting a new topic detailed above.

Hi - problem is, when I do this, there isnt the 'attach files' section............ I have emailed Andy for some help, but none so far..... can anyone help me on this please? An i.t genius I am not! cheers - Andrew

Andrew

There is no attach files in my dialogue

You need to either first go to the gallery http://www.trialscentral.com/forums/gallery/ and create yourself an album and upload your images.

When replying to a post you can then click on the My Media button in the reply options dialogue and browse for your pic.

OR

Host the pics out on the InterWeb using Photobucket. picasa etc then when replying click the image button and enter the web address for the image

Andrew

There is no attach files in my dialogue

You need to either first go to the gallery http://www.trialscentral.com/forums/gallery/ and create yourself an album and upload your images.

When replying to a post you can then click on the My Media button in the reply options dialogue and browse for your pic.

OR

Host the pics out on the InterWeb using Photobucket. picasa etc then when replying click the image button and enter the web address for the image

Thanks BMSeven - thought I was going a bit radio rental.................

Mr Neutron,

I forgot to give opinion on rattling noise, I would suspect you won't know for sure until you pop that clutch cover off. Sounds like it will be quite a bit of time before that will happen. But good luck with the knee and the rattle noise, hopefully neither one will be too expensive.

Mr Neutron,

I forgot to give opinion on rattling noise, I would suspect you won't know for sure until you pop that clutch cover off. Sounds like it will be quite a bit of time before that will happen. But good luck with the knee and the rattle noise, hopefully neither one will be too expensive.

Thanks, Zippy! That's Much Appreciated! :thumbup:

I hope to get the clutch cover off this Saturday, just to have a look. At this point, I'm simply hoping it's something fairly obvious that kinda jumps right out at me, and screams "Here's the Problem!!!:".....And while I'm out there, I'll probably squeeze & fondle my bike's clutch lever a few times. :wub: I won't be able to ride for a couple months after Monday, so a little squeeze now & then will be all I get.....

Thanks for the kind words on the knee, Zippy! It's been said the problem with my knee is that I have 1/2 ton rated knees with a 3/4 ton body.... :rotfl:

Jimmie

Yep your right its as you say in IE but not in Firefox :)

Are you saying you can see the Attach Files in IE, but not in Firefox or the other way round? If you can't see in IE, what version of IE?

Andy

I can or should I say I could see the attach files dialogue in IE earlier today but nothing now or indeed on any of the following browsers.

IE Version 9.0.8112.16421

Firefox Version 18

Chrome Version 23.0.1271.97 m