New Forum For New Vertigo Brand

Andy

Vertigo typically arises from a problem of the inner ear balance mechanism. As a result patients commonly suffer loss of balance & in extreme cases, difficultly walking. I'm not sure that naming a trials bike after a balance problem is that smart.

Then again, another symptom of vertigo is a false sense of spinning or motion; so perhaps its the perfect name to fool those poor no-stop observers!

I agree, i suspect that nobody has told the spaniard that vertigo is an illness, associated with nausea, vomiting and the inability to balance.

• Like 1

Heard on the grapevine that the mysterious Spanish businessman is very keen for their first venture to be to build a Scottish pre65 legal Classic bike and it will be ridden this year by Dougie and will fly through scrutineering. Final amendments to the eligibility "rules" are being made as we speak which is why he is staying incognito. Remember you heard it here first. :popcorn:

Edited by old trials fanatic

Is anybody seriously saying they wouldn't support / buy a bike because the name doesn't translate ?

Seem to remember Rolls Royce had to change the name of one of their cars the Silver Mist because it meant 5hit in some markets. Also Nova meant no go in others which is possibly why Vauxhall changed to Corsa ? :chairfall: Edited by old trials fanatic

Seem to remember Rolls Royce had to change the name of one of their cars because it meant 5hit in some markets :chairfall:

Says everything about RR' s really, and their audience.

Edited by b40rt
  • Like 1

Heard on the grapevine that the mysterious Spanish businessman is very keen for their first venture to be to build a Scottish pre65 legal Classic bike and it will be ridden this year by Dougie and will fly through scrutineering. Final amendments to the eligibility "rules" are being made as we speak which is why he is staying incognito. Remember you heard it here first. :popcorn:

Paul, you need help.

• Like 2

I thought Vertigo was a Hitchcock film starring James Stewart - and a very good film it was too.

All the best to Dougie and his partner(s). All they have to do is make a bike that incorporates the best and avoids the worst of current designs.

Due to CNC, CAD and availability of subcontract off the shelf parts, making a new trials bike is not that difficult, particularly if there is a hub of this sort of activity and expetise in the Catalan area.

Most motorcycle engineers could probably specify well over 90% of the bike with a couple of days work.

Also because of CNC and CAD batch sizes can be very small.

Back in the early 1980s it used to take about 12 hours of skilled work on a lathe to make a decent pitman screw, In 2004 the same item could be made perfect in 3 &1/2 minutes on a Hass CNC machining centre.

Wonder if its another manufacturers motor ? That would make a lot of sense.

It would make a lot of sense , but the new factories are so worried about being beholden to other marques that they choose against this. This was the reason why Jotagas didn't install Gasgas engines as was initially planned. They didn't want to be held to ransom further down the line

and having no engine supplier.

It would make no sense at all.

Wheels same

bars same

brakes same

Forks the same

Plastics very close

airbox very close (to one make or another)

So without their own engine its basically a different frame, but Ally or steel that's being done by other companies already.

I wish them the best of luck, its great to have choice but is the market big enough, jtg and ossa haven't found it easy as new boys wth different variations have they?

Edited by nigel dabster
  • Like 2

It would make no sense at all.

Wheels same

bars same

brakes same

Forks the same

Plastics very close

airbox very close (to one make or another)

So without their own engine its basically a different frame, but Ally or steel that's being done by other companies already.

I wish them the best of luck, its great to have choice but is the market big enough, jtg and ossa haven't found it easy as new boys wth different variations have they?

Yes I often look at photos of the tyz and then think why did scorpa bother making the same bike. Riding position, yokes, suspension manufacturer / design, engine tuning can make for two very different bikes.

Take your point on future engine prices though.

I agree, i suspect that nobody has told the spaniard that vertigo is an illness, associated with nausea, vomiting and the inability to balance.

Vertigo means the same in English or Spanish. Some say Vertigo is not that you are afraid of falling but a desire to jump.

I think they have the inspiration from this video, you have to translate it.