New Forum For New Vertigo Brand

Andy

I wonder how long the vertigo project has bin in progress then, if dougie is going to ride it in the Scottish 6 day as said in the press release it must be quite highly developed by now as we know when ossa announced that they where building a bike it was a good 12 months before it materialised and the same with jotagas correct me if in wrong ?so with that in mind I wonder if we will get some cheeky development photos through anytime soon or even videos

No mileage in that at all. Look at the sales of JTG Ossa scorpa, and particularily genuine Honda uk 4rt sales, if excellent bikes like these don't sell in economic numbers whats a virtual unknown merlin going to do in twinshock guise?

I'd buy one :) lol. Yeah I know your right .... why do you have to get all logical !

Edited by gasgas249uk
  • Like 1

me too but don't tell the wife...........

I wonder how long the vertigo project has bin in progress then, if dougie is going to ride it in the Scottish 6 day as said in the press release it must be quite highly developed by now as we know when ossa announced that they where building a bike it was a good 12 months before it materialised and the same with jotagas correct me if in wrong ?so with that in mind I wonder if we will get some cheeky development photos through anytime soon or even videos

there are some photos of the backer/owner on a bike in the ssdt and on a different make more recently, I wonder if they might use another make engine in their chassis?

They're very brave debuting at the Scottish. They're obviously very confident. It's not exactly a dead cert any bike will finish let alone a brand spanking new model. I hope they're testing it on 25 mile road runs , dropping it in rivers , starving it of radiator airlow and waking it up early in the morning.

What a project though . Id love to be immersed in a project like this in the sport I love so much.I could stretch to a project kiddies trike but that's about it :) . If anyone can take this bike to a debut win at the Scottish it'll be Dougie.

• Like 1

If successful., it would be an amazing debut

I apologise if I got the wrong end of the stick I just interpreted it as the usual thanks to the factory for there help etc etc when riders change bikes immediately ,good point dabster if they've used someone else's engine it will take a lot less time to arrive at the finished article I presume ? It's all exciting stuff though and I can't wait for the outcome , would be nice to get a time scale of when it will appear

I think this is where others have gone wrong. What is wrong with failure of a prototype? there is no test which would find faults better than the SSDT surely? You see car manufacturers going to sweeden for long run tests why not the SSDT?(for any new bike)

Edited by nigel dabster
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

That's a great article and a brand new engine as well ! Probably a FI 2 stroke ? - I am actually getting quite excited to see the new innovations Dougie is hinting at in this article - The approach to the design ( look at the good bits and bad bits of all the others and leave the bad bits and innovate on the good bits) sounds absolutely perfect ! I have a good feeling about this project. Vertigo's stock just went up in my book :)

So if you were looking at the current brands available, what features would you take from each brand like Vertigo have? Here's mine.

Ossa - fuel injection

Gas Gas - Clutch, geometry and weight distribution.

Honda - Suspension and build quality.

Chassis, I'm torn between the looks and design of JTG and the simplistic efficiency of Gas Gas or Sherco tubular design.

I like a conventional removable fuel tank which gives easy access to engine for servicing.

• Like 1