New Forum For New Vertigo Brand

Andy

Ossa / sherco air filter.

And a linkless rear suspension system.

Agree with the above,linkages and poor air filters are a menace in the UK.

Being a Scot I'm far to mean to spend money on linkage bearings so I'm forced to run Scorpas.

This is mitigated by the amount of Duct tape you need to keep water out the filters.

Certainly no bike is designed with REAL UK conditions in mind.

• Like 1

All the best to Dougie and his partner(s). All they have to do is make a bike that incorporates the best and avoids the worst of current designs.

I posted the above in # 67 a while ago, it seems Verigo are thinking along the same lines as per the quote below from Dougies recent update

"Vertigo have looked at the current crop of trials bikes and have literally analysed the strength and weaknesses of each make by riding them and also by looking at them from an engineering point of view." continued Lampkin.

If Vertigo do manage this we could be seeing a new "TY250R" and that will really give the other manufacturers a run for their money.

I can't remember the blokes name and I am not sure if I have got the quote exactly right but the following is quite a famous quote and relevant to this topic

"anticipation, although it looks to the future is based on past experience"

ie in anticipating what is required of a trials bike if it is to be successful they are using their experience of what has and has not worked in the past.

All the best to Dougie and his partner(s). All they have to do is make a bike that incorporates the best and avoids the worst of current designs.

I posted the above in # 67 a while ago, it seems Verigo are thinking along the same lines as per the quote below from Dougies recent update

"Vertigo have looked at the current crop of trials bikes and have literally analysed the strength and weaknesses of each make by riding them and also by looking at them from an engineering point of view." continued Lampkin.

If Vertigo do manage this we could be seeing a new "TY250R" and that will really give the other manufacturers a run for their money.

So you think it will have a Japanese engine and technically a leap forward?

What dadoff are you thinking will that leap be?

Fact of life, if you build something too well you will eventually not sell enough to make a go of it!

I loved a quote from Ryan Young one time we were riding! "Go For It!, I need to sell a fender!"

Yes,but bikes that give bother end up lying in the shed?

Not many sales in that.

The TY250R was in ""

I don' think it will have a Japanese engine and it is unlikely to incorporate any major technical advances.

What it may have is the reliability and user friendliness over a wide range of riding abilities that the TY250R had, and hence a good sales volume and economies of scale in manufacturing.

Vertgo may have a dilemma. If you look at many trials results the are typically less than 10 on the hard route, maybe a few more on the green / intermediate route but the vast majority of the entry ride the easy / clubman route.

Do you aim the specification at WTC level with frequent use of the clutch and lots of power, or aim it at the no stop / infrequent clutch use of the clubmans sections whilst at the same time making the bike capable of winning the hard course at centre level and not being out of its depth at BTC.

The TY250R was in ""

I don' think it will have a Japanese engine and it is unlikely to incorporate any major technical advances.

What it may have is the reliability and user friendliness over a wide range of riding abilities that the TY250R had, and hence a good sales volume and economies of scale in manufacturing.

Vertgo may have a dilemma. If you look at many trials results the are typically less than 10 on the hard route, maybe a few more on the green / intermediate route but the vast majority of the entry ride the easy / clubman route.

Do you aim the specification at WTC level with frequent use of the clutch and lots of power, or aim it at the no stop / infrequent clutch use of the clubmans sections whilst at the same time making the bike capable of winning the hard course at centre level and not being out of its depth at BTC.

Thats not relevant. The worst riders on the easy route still like their evo factorys and repsol replicas

• Like 2

Thats not relevant. The worst riders on the easy route still like their evo factorys and repsol replicas

Unfortunately most riders below expert/intermediate would ride better on a lower powered bike. How many racing reps do you see with head gaskets, lower gearing, flywheel weights etc. The one beauty of a repsol is that it has no more power than a std Mont and with a PTB can be much softer. Trouble with lots of modern products including trials bikes is that people don't necessarily buy what makes them perform better but what they believe makes them look better. How many modern phones are actually rubbish at making calls and have minimal battery life?

• Like 2

Eddie - What I said is relevant and it is exactly why Vertigo have a dilemma, which market segment / segments do they aim for or can they come up with something that is sufficiently attractive to all?

"Although we are already in a good place, no one involved is under estimating that there is still an incredible amount of work to be done over the coming weeks and months if we are to arrive with a machine that is capable of winning at the highest level and to create what will be the best bike available to regular trials riders."

Dont worry theyre already onto it :). The machine will be equally fantabulocious and fantasulicous who ever you are ,whether your a toddler or a reincarnated Evil Knievel :)

Calm down and carry on trialing :)