New Forum For New Vertigo Brand

Andy

Eddie - What I said is relevant and it is exactly why Vertigo have a dilemma, which market segment / segments do they aim for or can they come up with something that is sufficiently attractive to all?

Which trials market segment? we have segments?

Considering the total sales of JTG and Ossa (new innovative brands) and Honda uk with the new 4rt have all struggled to hit sales of nowhere near economic break even, how could vertigo "choose" a sector of an overcrowded over supplied niche market?

Dabster, you have just contradicted yourself. To be innovative an invention must by definition be commercially / economically viable.

To save you looking it up here is the definition of innovation "The process of translating an idea or invention into a good or service that creates value or for which customers will pay.

That there are market segments within trials is so blindingly obvious I am surprised you have to ask the question.

Beta, Honda & Gasgas all produce 2 variants of the same bike, priced and specified differently with the intention of appealing to different market segments.

Watch and you both shall learn ;)

http://youtu.be/W2Cv5hZfOmk?t=24m16s

What the feck were you searching for when you found this ?

I love these self sufficient secret society's with no connection to the outside world, other than the tractors, diggers, glass, opticians, doctors, building materials, solar panels......the list goes on.

Edited by b40rt
  • Like 1

What the feck were you searching for when you found this ?

I love these self sufficient secret society's with no connection to the outside world, other than the tractors, diggers, glass, opticians, doctors, building materials, solar panels......the list goes on.

I know what you mean :) . I stumbled across the village in my search for a Mecatecno parts . They worship the marque as a God , as do i :) Edited by gasgas249uk
  • Like 1

Dabster, you have just contradicted yourself. To be innovative an invention must by definition be commercially / economically viable.

To save you looking it up here is the definition of innovation "The process of translating an idea or invention into a good or service that creates value or for which customers will pay.

That there are market segments within trials is so blindingly obvious I am surprised you have to ask the question.

Beta, Honda & Gasgas all produce 2 variants of the same bike, priced and specified differently with the intention of appealing to different market segments.

Now you have contradicted yourself.

A delorean and a c5 were innovative as was that areil trike two wheels at the front and that enclosed bmw thingy which one of those innovations was a commercial sucess?

Have to disagree with you there Dabster. The term innovation is frequently misused

To be classed / defined as an innovative product value must be created - the item needs to be a success commercially. Products such as the Delorean, ariel trike, C5 etc cannot be innovations because they failed commercially.

No matter how clever a invention or adaptation, if it is not a commercial success it cannot by definition be an innovation.

Have to disagree with you there Dabster. The term innovation is frequently misused

To be classed / defined as an innovative product value must be created - the item needs to be a success commercially. Products such as the Delorean, ariel trike, C5 etc cannot be innovations because they failed commercially.

No matter how clever a invention or adaptation, if it is not a commercial success it cannot by definition be an innovation.

Yes you are right, the term innovation IS frequently misunderstood ... even by YOU :rolleyes:

You can innovate a process to work more efficiently within an organisation for example. There are lots of ways the term innovate / Innovation can be used.

Edited by atomant
  • Like 1

Which trials market segment? we have segments?

Considering the total sales of JTG and Ossa (new innovative brands) and Honda uk with the new 4rt have all struggled to hit sales of nowhere near economic break even, how could vertigo "choose" a sector of an overcrowded over supplied niche market?

How much do they have to sell to be economically viable?

Vertigo have obviously taken on-board all the helpful suggestions on this forum, first shots of the prototype :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfdXXjF4bK4#t=42

Ya bugga, I sifted through pages of petty niggles and lexical symantics for the definitive photo that we're all rooting for and you take the opportunity to 'Rick-Roll' us.

Ha, sa-weeet.

• Like 1

Dabster and Atomant, the definition I gave of innovation is neither flawed nor wrong. Of course words can have different meanings or definitions when used in different circumstances but here we are talking about bringing a new product to market (not racial equality etc) and in these circumstances a product must be a commercial success to be regarded as innovative. In fact some learned business scholars would go further and define innovation as "the first successful commercial application of an idea or invention". It reasonable follows from this that as a design ages and becomes obsolete it is no longer innovative.

Ponder the following - a man goes to the doctor and says "I have a problem with my feet" The doctor replies "I am a physician, why are you wasting my time with questions about a unit of measurement"