Vertigo Launch

Andy

I do not know if the cologne would do 150k. It had done 105k when I sold it and was still going strong at 125k. Whether or not it reached 150k it would be rebuildable at modest cost.

Since someone brought up Audi I will mention my neigbours (until 2 years ago) experience of Audi. Over about 6 to 7 years my neighbours had 4 Audis, a couple of large saloons, followed by a TT, then a large Auto estate. The TT was the only one that had something serious go wrong but it was fixed under warranty. My neighbours were reasonably well off, her a teacher and him a partner in a building firm and they did not even bother going to the garage. If anything was needed a man came with a courtesy car and took theirs away when needed. Vorsprung durch technik (progress through / by technology) as they say. Well the cost of this technological progress was eye watering. The cost of servicing and depreciation per year would be easily enough to buy and run 2 Repsol 4rts.

I am hardly a pauper but even so I find the cologne + the RTs alternative very attractive compared to the Audi alternative.

In one of my previous posts I said something like present vehicle, I meant most recent modern vehicle, because I gave up driving modern vehicles a could of years ago and now only have classics.

Bit of a ramble but anything on Vertigo until prices are announced and bikes are available will be mostly speculation anyway.

30 years ago I had a car with a V6 engine and a Webber carburettor, my present car although EFI and about 25 mph faster, gives worse mpg and is no better at all for actual driving

no better for actual driving? thats the first thing I could be bothered to find. Its rubbish and untrue to suggest that any mainstream manufacturer today 25 years later doesnt produce a better car. various people have explained and questioned your views on this (and many other things) and when brought to book your arguments just do not stack up.

My opinion in all honesty counts for nothing but yours doesnt much either which i find hard to believe you cant see, paricularily when many others have seen blatant flaws in your cyclical arguments and diatribe off topic comments.

I would buy one, but got stung really badly with the 320 sherco 4t, so as a few people have said , may be best to wait a bit.

If someone spends a fortune , and ivests loads of time developing their ideas, give it a chance. Time will tell.

PS dabsters still a key jocky then!!!

• Like 2

Yep Dixie, good point about the Sherco. I will never understand what Sherco did in the way of testing as there has never been a bigger mistake than the 4t. It seems to me that the vertigo philosophy is to try and test and proto stuff rather than release a problematic bike, if this is the case hats off to them and I'm surethat many wouldnt worry about failures in the scott or ssdt if thats what happened to a proto?

• Like 1