New Honda 260 4 R T For 2016

johnnyboxer

Obviously when Honda developed the 4Rt they were looking for something to compete with 2Ts at the highest level and just as in MX this means making a 4t that can rev. Building an engine that can rev compromises its low rev performance (unless you add the complexity of V.V.T. and lift). I can quite happily rev a 4T very highly and have done so in MX, but when it comes to trials my formative riding years were when you rode clutch out in as higher gear as possible to maintain grip and stability. It would probably increase its appeal to a number of riders, myself included if a 4Rt could be set up to be ridden in this manner.

It does ride very well traditionally, 1st gear covers just about everything, whether its pulling slowly off the bottom end or holding it flat until the valves bounce and launching it into obit.

I have 1 particular section which was a 3rd gear jump on the 2 stroke, the 4rt manages it in 1st

Edited by jrsunt
  • Like 2

Hadn't seen the different exhuast outlet. May make it easier to add a spark arrester where they are required.

I noticed the photos are also showing the ECU mode switch next to the left grip. Maybe the 2016s are coming standard with a 2-stage (progammable) TB/ECU.

Also claiming further reduction in engine braking... #190 orifice to something bigger? I never really noticed much difference due to the earlier change.

Footpeg position moved back. Can't tell if this is from different brackets or the new 10mm set-back S3 pegs.

Radiator fan cage redesigned so pebbles can drop out easier and not jam fan blade. I had the blade jam once due to a pebble, damaging the fan blade beyond useability (melted plastic around steel hub) and the fan motor got hot enough to discolor. Must be that others had that happen too.

Edited by sportsawyer

Hadn't seen the different exhuast outlet. May make it easier to add a spark arrester where they are required.

I noticed the photos are also showing the ECU mode switch next to the left grip. Maybe the 2016s are coming standard with a 2-stage (progammable) TB/ECU.

Also claiming further reduction in engine braking... #190 orifice to something bigger? I never really noticed much difference due to the earlier change.

Footpeg position moved back. Can't tell if this is from different brackets or the new 10mm set-back S3 pegs.

Radiator fan cage redesigned so pebbles can drop out easier and not jam fan blade. I had the blade jam once due to a pebble, damaging the fan blade beyond useability (melted plastic around steel hub) and the fan motor got hot enough to discolor. Must be that others had that happen too.

Here we go.

71fd0f64fed6a4856027e46436ba78ad.jpg

• Like 1

• 6 months later...