How Often Do You Clean Your Air Filter?

monty_jon

I run K&N air filters in all my bikes , and as long as I know they are seated/sealed correctly I don't worry about them . Unless I've been in a very dusty event , which very rarely happens here in the southeast where I live ... But I do check their condition when I remember.......

Glenn....

We check our filter after every ride, if there really dirty or wet we clean but if there's tiny amount of dirt we will just get the dirt out and put the filter back in

But we always take two spare filters to everywhere we go, so it's not s problem if we forget to do it

Depends on the conditions,lot of water and deep mud or very dry and dusty every event.Normally every 4 trials but inspected every week I use NOTOIL which seems the best and stops pretty much everything going through the filter.Also depends on the bike,some brands are worse than others for dirt getting to the filter?Beta for example the filter is at the top of the airbox so anything seen in the airbox has got through the filter and enter the engine,whereas GasGas the filter is on the side of the airbox so dirt inside the box doesn't matter as much as long as the filter stops it .A lot of engine wear comes from poor filter maintenance,it's better to err on the side of over doing it

About every three months or so but my sons bike is an Ossa and the filter is well out of the way. Now with Gas Gas and JGAS every ride. Keeping the Air boxes clean was a nightmare on those things. Going back to the 2004 Sherco and that was just a nightmare to seal. The Whole Airbox and mudguard was one unit so if you broke it the Filter was exposed.