Fat Riders

spud

I see this fat rider at a muddy trial some time back he plodding along a on Sherco doing really well. The bike had next to nothing suspension travel but this didn't appear to be a problem. In the mud he was really good and found lots of grip as a novice rider. My question is should i put weight because most sections in Kent are muddy? I like Mcdonalds and KFC and don't mind the odd pie, these outlets/foods are on my healthy food list so perhaps i should eat a lot more chocolate. I do my best to stay away from chocolate as i know your all going say that it is bad for me.

Edited by spud

My question is should i put weight because most sections in Kent are muddy? I like Mcdonalds and KFC and don't mind the odd pie, these outlets/foods are on my healthy food list so perhaps i should eat a lot more chocolate. I do my best to stay away from chocolate as i know your all going say that it is bad for me.

Scientific research has proven that chocolate is good for you.

As far as putting on weight..............ain't helped me much....but shaving the head and putting on a fire breathing penguin does wonders.

:D

Dodgy ground Spud Dodgy ground.........

And as if by magic, the shopkeeper appears :D

By the way tuck chow away mate you'll be catchin up soon....... :wacko:

My body is a temple.....Just that the conservatory and other extension show as well. :D

It works Spud, there's more weight to move around

Edited by Slapshot 3

Funny thing is we have a lot of mud in this area too, and the best riders always seem to be the skinny youngsters who ride everywhere on the back wheel, floating as if by magic over the mud.

yep, me thinks so to. Saw this rather overdeveloped chap sliding all over on a mont 4t no less wereas i just bliped across it,an only 10 st .Imean look at raga eh :D

I see this fat rider at a muddy trial some time back he plodding along a on Sherco doing really well. The bike had next to nothing suspension travel ..........

You aren't talking about this fella are yer? :wacko:

**** me that photo has had some use. If I could remember who snapped that I'd break his index finger :(

That of course was before I became beautiful (and put on even more weight). I thought he was talking about me for a while too. I've not dropped to novice route yet though, but it does seem to be coming up to meet me. The over 40's are calling :D

It definitely can help Spud ;) as long as your arms and lungs are capable of keeping the weight in the right area. You'll notice that in the photo above my arms and lungs have managed to concentrate the weight in the area above my belt, and some around the jowels.

I remember one Novogar trial (I think maybe the Victory) where all of our riders had failed a muddy bank (last section in a sticky wood that you go over a foot bridge as you go in, if anyone remembers it).

Nobody could get any grip at the bottom of the bank. I was fancying 3rd gear, but all our lads were coaxing me to rev its nuts off in 4th and let the clutch out. I hate wringing it's neck, but as a special request I thought what the hell and gave it a go, full throttle, fed the clutch out, the bike gripped like a JCB and ground to a halt. 19 stone holds it down :D

On the plus side the tyre I took off just before the Manx had a dog turd in it that I put in last year on the Manx. If it don't spin it don't wear out :)

On the negative side I'll probably die before the skinny bloke despite having enjoyed getting there :D . Unless that skinny bloke was the one that took the photo above :D

Edited by bikespace

I see this fat rider at a muddy trial some time back he plodding along a on Sherco doing really well. The bike had next to nothing suspension travel ..........

You aren't talking about this fella are yer? :wacko:

**** me that photo has had some use. If I could remember who snapped that I'd break his index finger :)

That of course was before I became beautiful (and put on even more weight). I thought he was talking about me for a while too. I've not dropped to novice route yet though, but it does seem to be coming up to meet me. The over 40's are calling :D

It definitely can help Spud :) as long as your arms and lungs are capable of keeping the weight in the right area. You'll notice that in the photo above my arms and lungs have managed to concentrate the weight in the area above my belt, and some around the jowels.

I remember one Novogar trial (I think maybe the Victory) where all of our riders had failed a muddy bank (last section in a sticky wood that you go over a foot bridge as you go in, if anyone remembers it).

Nobody could get any grip at the bottom of the bank. I was fancying 3rd gear, but all our lads were coaxing me to rev its nuts off in 4th and let the clutch out. I hate wringing it's neck, but as a special request I thought what the hell and gave it a go, full throttle, fed the clutch out, the bike gripped like a JCB and ground to a halt. 19 stone holds it down :D

On the plus side the tyre I took off just before the Manx had a dog turd in it that I put in last year on the Manx. If it don't spin it don't wear out :)

On the negative side I'll probably die before the skinny bloke despite having enjoyed getting there :D . Unless that skinny bloke was the one that took the photo above :D

Pleased to see you took it in good spirit :(

p.s. Glad I never took it ;)

On a serious note, Ross has always looked impressive in the mud, and he can't be more that 10st surely :D

I see this fat rider at a muddy trial some time back he plodding along a on Sherco doing really well. The bike had next to nothing suspension travel but this didn't appear to be a problem. In the mud he was really good and found lots of grip as a novice rider. My question is should i put weight because most sections in Kent are muddy? I like Mcdonalds and KFC and don't mind the odd pie, these outlets/foods are on my healthy food list so perhaps i should eat a lot more chocolate. I do my best to stay away from chocolate as i know your all going say that it is bad for me.

Cough cough Splutter (DISHES LADS)

DSCF0661copy-1.jpg

DSCF0640copy-1.jpg

New club formed I hear!

BAOFR

(British Association Of Fat Riders)

Just a rumour...

Big John

(I'm big but I'm not Fat!)

Members to date:

Slapshot 3

Gizza5 - top class rider mind, definately an expert