Gas Gas 4 Stroke

larstrialinfo

Good looking bike, first get the punters eye, rest is up to performance.

In the drawing it shows the motor with a basket type clutch and fuel inj, but can't see much of the throttle body on the show bike.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the result a new rule should have. Inovation.

Absolutely,

I would definately like to try one to see how it goes! I can't actually remember ever riding a side valve bike.

Big John

Everyone take note ''Big John'' has NOT got a Side Valved Bike in his garage.....................Amazing, Truely Amazing :D:P:D

This is the result a new rule should have. Inovation.

Absolutely,

I would definately like to try one to see how it goes! I can't actually remember ever riding a side valve bike.

Big John

Everyone take note ''Big John'' has NOT got a Side Valved Bike in his garage.....................Amazing, Truely Amazing :P:D:D

See...that's now a challenge to him...want to bet that'll change ;)

As a beta rider...I note the number of posts is not rising exponentially like the when the Beta Rev 4 was released..... :D

Edited by Slapshot 3

I think the GG 4T looks bloody nice, like a slim bit of totty with old fashioned internals :D

However, I can't get my head round the reasons to show it off now but hold it back until the 2009 bikes are out!

I think that its a 'spoilling' tactic, dangle the carrot of a GG 4T on the way for those brand loyal riders out on Pros.

In the hope that it stops them defecting to a 4T in '08 when there's something 'much better' coming along in '09

However, I can't get my head round the reasons to show it off now but hold it back until the 2009 bikes are out!

Absolutely makes sense. They're last to the 4-stroke party, been slated, loads of rumours (Trials folk love rumours!) about company stability, long-term future etc. This is them saying they're here and they're here for the long term and not only are they selling bikes currently, but are innovating and developing for the future too. It's great marketing.

Absolutely makes sense. They're last to the 4-stroke party, been slated, loads of rumours (Trials folk love rumours!) about company stability, long-term future etc. This is them saying they're here and they're here for the long term and not only are they selling bikes currently, but are innovating and developing for the future too. It's great marketing.

Ok fair enough but 2009!!!

Ok fair enough but 2009!!!

2009 is only 1 year away of course, thats not too long. :D

I think they took a look at Sherco who messed up bringing the 4T out too soon and chose to be patient and get it right.

Out of the three 4'ts out there, its only the 4rt that can be regarding as a real success based on sales volume. Whilst I liked my 4T, the gasser is soooo much easier to ride so if they get this right, I think that it will be a popular machine. One thing is for sure, it wont be as expensive as the rest.

I am impressed with the bold step they have taken with this design and stuck to the Gas Gas philosophy of weight reduction is everything, bearing in mind they will have to convince the doubting public that they have successfully overcome the design & efficiency problems associated with a flathead/sidevalve design . I hope the bike is a resounding success and good luck to them :P

One other thing is that picking up on Big Johns comments above about not ever riding a side valve bike, I bet the nostalgic pre-65 bunch may be interested in looking at this machine as a combination of the very old meets new ? Just a thought :D

Full credit for the effort. It looks a right nice piece of work. Looks to be FI.

Now maybe Gas Gas will stop telling us that 4 strokes are no good for trials.

Its never good idea to give Honda a 4 year head start.

The motor may provide good torque for a clubman but them World boys need high revs to launch at the big walls. Hope its got the revs.

Thats it now .... all the factories have 4 strokes

Honda used sidevalve engines in their industrial engines for years in machines like generators, mixers, compactor plates etc... The G100, G150, G200 etc.. were gradually replaced by OHV models (GX range). The last sidevalve was the little G100 used to good effect on Belle Mixers for years but was finally discontinued because it didn't meet european emmision regulations!!

Honda used sidevalve engines in their industrial engines for years in machines like generators, mixers, compactor plates etc... The G100, G150, G200 etc.. were gradually replaced by OHV models (GX range). The last sidevalve was the little G100 used to good effect on Belle Mixers for years but was finally discontinued because it didn't meet european emmision regulations!!

I had a Honda lawnmower a few years back, that probably was a side-valve four-stroke! Almost certain it wasn't an OHV....

Problem solved!!

Big John