Gas Gas 4 Stroke

larstrialinfo

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely makes sense. They're last to the 4-stroke party, been slated, loads of rumours (Trials folk love rumours!) about company stability, long-term future etc. This is them saying they're here and they're here for the long term and not only are they selling bikes currently, but are innovating and developing for the future too. It's great marketing.

Ok fair enough but 2009!!!

2009 is only 1 year away of course, thats not too long. :guinness:

I think they took a look at Sherco who messed up bringing the 4T out too soon and chose to be patient and get it right.

Out of the three 4'ts out there, its only the 4rt that can be regarding as a real success based on sales volume. Whilst I liked my 4T, the gasser is soooo much easier to ride so if they get this right, I think that it will be a popular machine. One thing is for sure, it wont be as expensive as the rest.

I am impressed with the bold step they have taken with this design and stuck to the Gas Gas philosophy of weight reduction is everything, bearing in mind they will have to convince the doubting public that they have successfully overcome the design & efficiency problems associated with a flathead/sidevalve design . I hope the bike is a resounding success and good luck to them :chairfall:

One other thing is that picking up on Big Johns comments above about not ever riding a side valve bike, I bet the nostalgic pre-65 bunch may be interested in looking at this machine as a combination of the very old meets new ? Just a thought :guinness:

Hi Guys.

Just set me thinking about taking the Briggs and Stratton out of me rotovator and putting into a spare Bantam frame, make a good bike for Pre-65 Scottish don't you think.

Regards Charlie.

That finned electronic gizmo under the rad is probably the regalator/rectifier!! what a stupid place to put it!! :kerstsmiley: it's got fins to keep it cool, and we all know how much mud gets caked by there!!! IDIOTS!!! :lol: at least on my scorpa its tucked up behind the bottom yoke!! :madnoel:

I watched the vid of tarres riding the bike and it seem to eat anything he rode easily, but it did sound very tappy!! i heard it's a 300cc

One of my cannondale quads is 4 stroke fuel injection, 440cc and hits the limiter at 12,700 rpm!!! now thats what they need! :wacko:

Yes who would have thought that a small outfit like Gas Gas could actually outdo Honda. No need to worry about mechanical clatter when they have achieved what I thought impossible - a trials bike that is actually even noisier than the 4RT. Let's hope there's a lot of development to come on that front.

Yes who would have thought that a small outfit like Gas Gas could actually outdo Honda. No need to worry about mechanical clatter when they have achieved what I thought impossible - a trials bike that is actually even noisier than the 4RT. Let's hope there's a lot of development to come on that front.

Can somebody post the link to that video?

Thanks