Cota 4rt

mr doyle

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guess it was the time when chromed frames were regarded as the dogs, rather than the paint. The tank and seat was neat also, all in all a neat package which took the basic tl and made it 200cc before the tlr versions I think(?). 200cc would never be a match for a 325 bult in those days though it looked the biz it certainly didn't ride that nice.

Your not getting confused with Nick Holt who used to ride a 'special' for a dealership up in St. Ives, Cambs. That was a bored and stroked TL motor in a chrome frame ?

This was before the Seeley days, when that Jap lad Hattorri was riding an RSC in the South Midlands Centre. Seem to remember Nick Smith having one of the first Seeleys and getting awards on a regular basis, mind you he rode into the awards on a 350 CCM to.

Its only 22-24 years ago ;)

I imagine that now there are Montesa 4T in England, cause there are plenty around. If not, for sure next week.

Today I've been watching training in Girona Dougie, Fujinami and also Amos, all with the 4th standard. Simply incredible. They made the same sections than the 2T. so you'll see a competitive bike in high level and a superb bike in a clubman class.

Just taking the wrapping off it, looks to be the mutts nutts, about the same weight as the 2stroke. Very complicated under the tank, but once you know what it does it'll be simple. Otherwise very well built, similar riding position to the 315. awaiting 1st ride. Will be riding it at the richmond trial at gilling west this weekend, if anyone wants a test ride come see me.

WHAT A TOOL!!! the engine is amazing, lots of torque, will set off from a idle and pull cleanly and smoothly even in 4th and 5th gear, there is plenty of snap from the bottom end to get you up steps. I have not yet taken the restrictors out of the exhaust system so there is plenty of scope for more power, although for most clubmen riders this would be ideal. There is more power/torque throughout the rev range than any of the 2 strokes i have ridden. Its going to be an intresting winters testing.

Watched James Noble and Wayne Braybrook riding them at the Addingham trial on sunday. The engine just picks up from idle and pushes the bike forward. Superb traction. Only Gripe seemed to be that when you shut the throttle that it. No two stroke running on.