New Ossa

deadwood

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, It's tough to tell who's joking and who's really got a bee in their helmet on technical issues/opinions. I agree at low speed rake/trail would seem insignificant for the stabilizing effect on the front wheel in a straight line. Trials suspension is a different animal as a few degrees of rake can significantly change the effort required to turn the front end back to neutral on an incline. On steps there is significant energy stored in the suspension and how that energy gets loaded and released will be affected by rake/trail/offset of the forks. On of the things that I found fascinating watching the super slow motion video of Albert Cabestany on YouTube was the reaction of his forks during various maneuvers. At the super slow motion speed you can see the fork tubes flex just from bouncing on the rear wheel. With the increased rake will it be necessary to hit the front wheel lower on an obstacle to get the same lift? Will the front end tuck faster on drop offs? Does deflection of the center of balance change because there is less offset from the axle.

All will be answered when the bike becomes available. All I know is I want to try one.

I'd of thought by looking at the pictures the rake/trail/offset of the forks would be near enough the same as most modern bikes, it just that the forks are upside down and they have all there offset at the top on the yokes rather than splitting the offset, half on the yokes half down at the axle.

Doubt it.

Also doubt 1200 have been sold as no one knows what the final spec and price might be, and as far as anyone knows outside of spain 1200 in spain alone perhaps Greeves could enlighten us as to the truth?

Trust me, they are not 'taken'... The production is worldwide limited to 1200 bikes, and whether it will become available in your country depends on whether a distributor wants to shake out the cash in advance... If the distributor does not stock up let's say 10 - 15 bikes, there will be no Ossa in your country.

If he decides to stock up 5 and you're number 6, you're out of luck and you must wait until next production year....

I think it's ridiculous but it's probably a way of Ossa to protect the investment.

• 1 month later...