New Ossa

deadwood

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It must be just me then that think's the back wheel will cut that Exhaust box up that's tucked up under the mudguard,maybe there's a stop somewhere but would'nt that take some bounce away.With the entire exhaust nesting around the back wheel your going to be doing alot of steaming,the bike don't seem to be designed for the uk market very well.

But didn't yamaha beat them to the punch on the reversed layout engine ... ? IE. the already been tested wr450 mx'r. Another technoligical marvel though ... Maybe they will release a new MAR too , The tooling still has to be about somewhere ... I know quit dreaming outloud ...

Glenn

Cannondale did it long before Yamaha. I believe Ossa did mention its been done before, but this is a 1st for a 2T Trialer application.

It looks fantastic, the innovation is superb. The big Husaberg enduro has the everse engine and the guy that rides reckons it's the smoothest bike he's ever ridden. As always till you see one in anger you don't know BUT lets be honest until we see one in the flesh it'll be another Xipsa.

Where it differs is the innovation, the attention to detail and the fact that it looks absolutley stunning.

Wow! This is how its done :wub: A proper formulated management team with proper funding/investment and a decent engineer given a blank piece of paper and this is what you get! Ive read everything there is so far released and totally impressed. They even timed the release to perfection by completely overshadowing Sherco.

With what I have read so far about this team, It wouldn't surprise me to see Raga or even Bou on one at some point!

All other marques must be really concerened looking at this!

Bravo OSSA :ph34r:

Edited by AtomAnt

A proper formulated management team with proper funding/investment and a decent engineer given a blank piece of paper and this is what you get!

Says it was a p****d up Spaniard in a pub with his mate doodling on a fag packet on TodoTrial, bloody good first try though

Edited by The Addict

Nice to see that OSSA are keeping with developing the 2 stroke ,

and showing that you don't have to go down the 4 stroke route instead

to change evolution.

What will the future hold ?

Proving that if the bike performs as good as it looks and then some, all the

other trials manufacturers should be seriously worried!!!

Bou to OSSA in 2011?????? - you never know!!! :ph34r:

Oh now that is a very nice motorcycle.

Ohlins rear shock = I want it.

Tubeless double walled rear rim - as Mavic do for their tubeless MTB rims.

Very short bash plate will be stiff.

The engine is a stressed member.... i don't know if that has been done on a mordern ish trials bike.

LOADS of stearing lock with all the fork off-set at the top.

The alloy fork brace and tube guard is inovative = I'd give the USD forks a go.

What is the swing arm made of - cro-moly or aluminium?

F--- me! look at that!

You know I am sort of an Ossa fan, as I only owned the Yankee for 30 years! :ph34r:

Not to mention, this bike incorporates many of my own design principals that I had already laid out mentally! Oh well , form follows function!

It is a bold but logical departure from the norm,and yet unproven, and there may yet be problems to overcome. Looks like a good start! :wub:

Edited by copemech