New Ossa

deadwood

WOW - Now that is really something different. Interesting to see the contrast in opinions to this bike from the ones on the Sherco bike.

Does pose a few questions -

Cooling? not only is the Rad hidden will the cylinder run hotter back there?

Moving the fuel up front - how will this affect handling. 3 or 4 litres of fuel. Big difference of weight on the front end between an empty tank and a full one - bound to change the handling a little.

USD forks. Thought we'd been there and decided no! Stiffer around yokes but will the front wheel / fork brace be stiff enough? - I guess the lack of steering lock that affected bikes like Mont 311 and Beta Zero with USD forks aren't such a problem with the skinny frame on this bike.

Can't wait to see it in the flesh and love to ride one.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't a huge fan of Ossa's until they brought out the Grippers, they kind of too a big step forward in the way bikes looked and they've done it again, that looks fantastic and odd at the same time. I'll drool for a while further and think about it more.

But didn't yamaha beat them to the punch on the reversed layout engine ... ? IE. the already been tested wr450 mx'r. Another technoligical marvel though ... Maybe they will release a new MAR too , The tooling still has to be about somewhere ... I know quit dreaming outloud ...

Glenn

Reading some of the info on ossa site ... Direct injected , 40mm inverted forks with a 40mm conventional fork option, 67kg dry weight ...Wow , just too cool , If you waste some time there you can get all kinds veiws and some info . Pain to use though ...