Converting A Mono To A Twin

neil king

Our rules aren't that strict and it's not considered cheating. The only rules are; twinshock, aircooled, no hydrolics. There is a guy with an '04 315R with twinshocks, home made drum brakes(he's a machinist), and an engine out of a Banshee 4 wheeler.

Are real twin shocks that hard to find ?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our rules aren't that strict and it's not considered cheating. The only rules are; twinshock, aircooled, no hydrolics. There is a guy with an '04 315R with twinshocks, home made drum brakes(he's a machinist), and an engine out of a Banshee 4 wheeler.

OK so i accept all that even though i dont agree with it and i know you guys over there have always had what seems to us a strange outlook on Trials. So what would you consider a cheat bike and if anything goes why does anybody even bother to ride anything other than a cheat bike. Confuses the hell out of me. Genuine question though.

Right then, as late a frame you can get say a gg pro. Aircooled motor, really late fantic? and fantic wheels?

Not forgetting to bolt on the shockers!! Do they have to work in your "rules" or could you keep the linkage?

Are real twin shocks that hard to find ?

In my opinion yes. If their not turd heaps people want big money for them. Those that have nice twin shocks generally keep them anyways. Also so few trials bikes are even brought into the states to begin with.

I have been looking for a decent twin shock and just ended up getting a Reflex. Plan is to hop it up a bit and have some fun.

Well, it's like putting chocolate on peanutbutter. You say it's cheating to put chocolate on your peanutbutter over there. And I say, but over here it's ok to put chocolate on your peanutbutter.

:crying:

In my opinion yes. If their not turd heaps people want big money for them. Those that have nice twin shocks generally keep them anyways. Also so few trials bikes are even brought into the states to begin with.

I have been looking for a decent twin shock and just ended up getting a Reflex. Plan is to hop it up a bit and have some fun.

Here's a way to find trials bikes all across the USA:

Jaxed mash

click on tab marked "motorcycle" and scroll down,I had him add "trials" to his menu so that you'll get any craigslist or ebay add that has trials in the title

or you can just google "trials site:craigslist.org/ mcy" and set the date preferences to "sorted by date"

Well, it's like putting chocolate on peanutbutter. You say it's cheating to put chocolate on your peanutbutter over there. And I say, but over here it's ok to put chocolate on your peanutbutter.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????

What kind of analogy is that?

We have rules in motor sport to prevent CHEATING!

Eat as much peanut butter with jello or chocolate or fish its not a sport, not this side of the atlantic anyways.