Dougie's Monday Problem

5again

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup Big John, some of these posts are really confusing ! :thumbup:

Well, numpty, what all that really means is that I would not second guess their judgement, even if incorrect. Sometimes things do not play out as you intended.

True diagnostics on this stuff is nil! Pick your poison! :thumbup:

I have just found this great invention. I don't know who invented it, but is that a one piece steering column on there too?

This is what Dougie needed all along!

I'm confused by the can of chives !

I'm confused by the can of chives !

Oh thats not chives... its good old traditional lawn grass. Great for those SSDT punctures. Forget the dog turds, stuff your tyre full of the grass.

The coke can is useful for when your water pipe bursts and you need to repair it.

How could you not work out what it was for? Lots of people have thanked the inventor for including that in the product!

Oh thats not chives... its good old traditional lawn grass. Great for those SSDT punctures. Forget the dog turds, stuff your tyre full of the grass.

The coke can is useful for when your water pipe bursts and you need to repair it.

How could you not work out what it was for? Lots of people have thanked the inventor for including that in the product!

confused no more, thought it was a Vic Reeves / Mortimer moment !

Testing the coil and stator, with a simple test light you can hook up to the power wire and ground, if the coil has power going in, then probably the stator is ok and the problem is then between the coil output and the plug.

Can't see anyone carrying a test light round the SSDT but it may be a smart tool to keep in the support van.

Test it like I tested my old Bultaco when it stuck wide open. Just pull off and hold the plug wire with wet gloves. You'll know whether the ignition is working. It's really disturbing to feel your heart stop. My nephew did the same trick when he borrowed that particular bike. He was afraid to tell me but later showed me a school paper he wrote on the experiance. One of the funniest things I've ever read. His friend said it was the loudest scream he ever heard. My nephew said he doesn't remember screaming and doubts he'd hear it anyway because of the buzzing in his head.

Ah precious memories!

Test it like I tested my old Bultaco when it stuck wide open. Just pull off and hold the plug wire with wet gloves. You'll know whether the ignition is working. It's really disturbing to feel your heart stop. My nephew did the same trick when he borrowed that particular bike. He was afraid to tell me but later showed me a school paper he wrote on the experiance. One of the funniest things I've ever read. His friend said it was the loudest scream he ever heard. My nephew said he doesn't remember screaming and doubts he'd hear it anyway because of the buzzing in his head.

Ah precious memories!

Totally irrelevant to Trials bikes, but brings to mind a story when I was a kid. Would only have been about 11 or 12 at the time. Friend and I got hold of an old lawnmower engine and decided we'd build a go-Kart. His neighbour was a blacksmith so he built the frame complete with wheels, steering etc, but we couldn't get the bloody engine to start.

Decided, having seen my Dad "bump-start" his car that the best idea was for my mate to sit on the go-Kart steering it, I'd push it as fast as I could and at the same time pull the starter rope to "bump start" it.

Sooo...

I'm pushing this thing as fast as I possibly can across the farmyard with my mate comfortably sat in it doing the steering. I yank the starter rope whilst still pushing as fast as a kid can push, not even realising the dangers of having my "pushing hand" on top of the exposed spark plug....

I went about 20 feet in the backward direction whilst he's insulting me as to why I gave up trying to "bump start" our pride and joy.

Project was abandoned shortly after :thumbup:

Funny looking back, but it hurt like hell at the time.