Dougie's Monday Problem

5again

If I'm wrong and your really know what your talking about I'll be the first to appologies. What tools and spares would you recommend I carry on a long distance trial for a 2009 Gas Gas 300 Pro?

Another 2009 Gas Gas 300 pro strapped to your back :thumbup: I do know the real answers but I thought this more suitable.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HDfilm

To end this Im informed as I am not part of any SSDT support team my suggestion to change the HT coil first on Dougie

Edited by HDfilm

I have requested this forum be cleaned or deleted and some ban from using forums.

Trials central is the world window home of observed trials most silly comments are not what a professional organisation need and certainly do not look good on trials central.

so you have requested that Andy removes your posts and bans you?

Testing the coil and stator, with a simple test light you can hook up to the power wire and ground, if the coil has power going in, then probably the stator is ok and the problem is then between the coil output and the plug.

Can't see anyone carrying a test light round the SSDT but it may be a smart tool to keep in the support van.

I am posting after the fact, and if it had happened to me I would probably be out of the event or at best going round the next day on a none award basis.

I thought afterwards that this could happen to anyone and a simple test could save a lot of time.

Edited by ishy

Actually I thought all this quite entertaining. I hate that Doug lost out because of all this, yet still, hindsight is ALWAYS 20-20 unfortunatly.

You see, many times there are no real patterns to this kinda stuff. Experience does come into play, yet will not neccessarily be your saving grace.

I always kind of relate it all to starting at the Head, or the Ass! Eventually you will work your way through, either way.

Sometimes the probabilities can outweigh the process, and you will be fooled. All part of it! No ones fault, just happens.

Now personally, I am both lazy and cheap, so the process usually goes something along the lines of Plug, Wires, Coil/CDI, then Stator as a last resort.

This does seem the most logical and economical process, specially if you have a mate with a good CDI/coil that you can try, cost nil.

In the heat of battle, things can change. Go with your Gut, win or loose! Sometimes you get lucky, others you do not.

And no, I do not keep a spare on hand of either, cause they never fail you know, and cost too much! :thumbup:

Edited by copemech

Actually I thought all this quite entertaining. I hate that Doug lost out because of all this, yet still, hindsight is ALWAYS 20-20 unfortunatly.

You see, many times there are no real patterns to this kinda stuff. Experience does come into play, yet will not neccessarily be your saving grace.

I always kind of relate it all to starting at the Head, or the Ass! Eventually you will work your way through, either way.

Sometimes the probabilities can outweigh the process, and you will be fooled. All part of it! No ones fault, just happens.

Now personally, I am both lazy and cheap, so the process usually goes something along the lines of Plug, Wires, Coil/CDI, then Stator as a last resort.

This does seem the most logical and economical process, specially if you have a mate with a good CDI/coil that you can try, cost nil.

In the heat of battle, things can change. Go with your Gut, win or loose! Sometimes you get lucky, others you do not.

And no, I do not keep a spare on hand of either, cause they never fail you know, and cost too much! :thumbup:

Nope, I'm still not going to comment, other than some of the postings on this thread are quite confusing! :thumbup:

Big John

Yup Big John, some of these posts are really confusing ! :thumbup:

Edited by AtomAnt

trip booked to opticians.. you see from were i was sat i saw doug and jim swap to a new plug and then jim took something from the offside of his evo .. small and black about the size of a small coke can and that was fitted to dougs bike still no joy it was replaced back on jims bike..