No Fajardo At Sheffield

Andy

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is taken directly from the email received by Neil Crosswaite and I have his permission to reproduce it:

The reason for which Ossa Racing Team will not attend the event on January 8th is:

1. Delay in the receipt of the official driving gear from our main sponsor Petromiralles, for contractual reasons this makes our participation impossible.

We hope that these acts of force majeure will not cause problems to the organization and conduct of the event.

I would have thought it was more important for the bike to be seen in it's second largest potential market than it was for a sponsor who is unknown in the UK to gain coverage at an event which is not a world championship event and is not being televised, but maybe that's just me... <_<

Totally agree Andy

1: they are unknown in UK so even if they did have the clothing ready, no one would have a clue who/what they are (I assume some kind of petrol/oil company from the name)

2: as you mentioned it is not a WC event and not televised so in theory they are not missing out on anything other than a few thousand British spectators who, as above, dont know or use their products!

I personally see this as a major faux pas on Ossa's part as they come out very badly whatever the reason (genuine or otherwise)

If it is due to sponsors logo on clothing (still dont buy this for 1 second) then get the clothing done, will only take a few hours to get printed or as I mentioned before sew some onto the clothing - simple.

If it's the bike (IMO it must be this) then thats a huge own goal in a potentially BIG market for Ossa with only a few days to go till the event.

Am gutted personally as I wanted to see the Ossa, but also for Nigel B and Neil and Martin - who must now have a big headache and a place to fill.

Do we know whether there will be an additional rider in attendance now? British or otherwise?

yHow about a last minute replacement by Cabestany :bouncy:

whilst the timing of the announcement is unacceptable, bad PR and lets down the dealerships it would be worse for them to release a bike thats not ready yet - ask yourself would you release a brand new design if it wasn't ready ? we've seen the bikes working so we know they work and they have been more innovative than any other recent manufacturer

call it a glitch but i'm still looking forward to seeing them in action, it'll take a year or so to really sort them out even when they are released

see you all at sheffield sat

well it seems that jeroni has tailoring issues this weekend, what is the 'issue' responsible for the failure to appear at the next world round? not even the king of spin campbell could come up with such weak excuses. simply put the bike is a project beset by smoke and mirrors. hark back to the end of last season when 'the factory' would nt let andy et al take photos of it. i very much regret that the ossa is no more likely to appear at a dealer near you than a greeves.

if i were mr birkett of cumbria i'd be down there kicking there back door down.

Sorry Mate - but what you have said here is a load of tosh !

FACT - Pennine Trialsport have sold about 6 Ossa's so far ! I know cause 2 of my mates have bought them ! - And yes I have ridden one. They are in the dealers and have been sold by the dealers - FACT.

I can tell you factually that the bikes are very well made, easy to ride, nicely balanced and seem to grip very well indeed, and in the case of my buddy Ian(ekkers)Exley have boosted his riding to scary levels - such that now he is a threat to me :shutup:

There could be a miriad (read lots and lots) of reasons why Ossa are not going to be at Sheffield - these reasons may seem even ridiculous to joe public (sponsor/clothing) - but to speculate ignorantly about the bike having problems as you (and others have) is both deflamitory to Ossa (factory) and to the UK importer and his fledgling dealer network. Birks will need all the help he can in what are difficult economic times,

yes it would have been better if Ossa were to have been at Sheffield - but they are not, move on!

Think about it - the trials world NEEDS Ossa to suceed for many reasons. Bashing them over this aint gonna help that to happen..... is it?

Edited by Scoobydo

There was an ossa at tong practice day 30/12/10 , Word is a dealer in the "pennines" has a demo , but doesnt let anybody have a go!!!!!!!!!!! :unsure:

Correction the word is he does let you have a go.......you just gotta prise him off the thing in the first place 'cause he likes it so much ! :rotfl:

And there were 2 Ossa's at Tong on Friday 19th Dec too. :P

Just another topic being subjected to the usual forum-itis. Lots of people 'in the know' who know the reason why the bike isn't really going to Sheffield.

I've no idea what the reason is but in this day and age when professional sport has been controlled and ultimately ruined by big money sponsorship, it's the sponsors who rule and call the shots. To me, however ludicrous it sounds, it's perfectly feasible that the clothing issue could be the cause. Look at formula 1, the drivers aren't allowed in front of a camera without someone from PR shoving the appropriately logo'd baseball cap on their head. Lewis Hamilton has to mention Vodafone in every sentence

To come up with a reason like this if they were covering something else up, Ossa would presumably need the agrement of the sponsor, I doubt they could just make it up. Would you take the blame if you were the main sponsor and not the cause of the problem.

translated

Press Ossa: Jeroni Fajardo will not be present indoors to Chambery and Strasbourg.

280TR la Ossa was to make his first laps in competition with Jeroni Fajardo indoors at Chambery and Strasbourg organized by Bernard Estripeau. The director of Ossa Joan Gurt and team sports manager Marc Colomer agreed this week to shift in late January the appearance of the bike in competition.

Released December 31, 2010 of its previous obligations Jeroni Fajardo did not have time to take its brands on the official motorcycle itself has not yet received all the technical developments planned by the engineers of the mark for the competition high level.

Ossa apologized to organizers and spectators of these events and gives you already go to trial on the passionate French leg of the World Championship Trials Indoor Marseille.

Ossa

Bet Fajardo is well p****d off. The riders make good appearance money from the Indoor events.

I'll not half bet Andy!

All Ossa really need is more time to get themselves together, Making a brand new bike & riding it in the world championships is a big big step for them, It's not just as simple as 'I've made a awesome new bike, I've bought one of the best spanish riders' & now ride it in the world championships, It takes Months & months if not more to develop a new engine & bike & fair enough so far with the new Ossa's the public have got seem to be a good bike & I hope there pleased with them, But when your riding at Jeroni's level, it has to be a complete different story.

Eventually Ossa will get it right, & Fajardo will be happy with the bike eventually. A lot of you seem to be forgetting, Almost every other trials Manufacturer have been going for years & years, & have been through all this before, I know ossa were a big company in there day, But things have changed a lot since then & they have to pick it all up again now!

To Ossa themselves: Don't be afraid to say you have technical problems with the bike, Everyone has been there before, Be Honest & don't make lies up. If you can tell Bruno Cammozi that it is down to technical problems, God knows why you can't be honest with us.

My biggest appologies go out to Nigel Birkett, He has put tons of time & Effort into Ossa, & the least they should do for him & make him feel like he has something to be really proud of. It must be a big dissapointment for him, for them not to be compeating in his home country!

benwall: Do you honestly think that it is just as simple to say 'it looks the best engineered bike there' I'm sorry but you can't even comapre that bike to the some of the factory machines. Ossa will have to work there absolute nuts off to get it to the standards of the other factory bikes.

Just thought I'd share my general opinion of Ossa.

Edited by BenBeta23

So hang on...

Only glanced at these threads do may have missed bits, but it appears that Ossa & Fajardo WILL NOT be at the next ITWC round. Is that right???

If so surely this is a tech issue or can they blame tailoring issues for another 2 months??

Agree with a few other posts.

Ossa are new and VERY different so be honest about the issue, I for one would rather know that something was delayed due to xxxxx issue but will be right once corrected than (possibly) lied to.