No stop

dave horne

It is starting to read that there may be a full on assualt on trying to promote the trial, and as usual the opportunity will be missed

becuase of inbred fighting.

Hey, this rule change surprised everybody, the decision must of been talked about for months, how many other secrets are coming, it will be interesting to see how it all unfolds.

Also the ACU hav'nt written the stop rule out of the book, so this can still be practiced somewhere.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the ACU is going the way FIFA is. It takes the money and is stagnant. To be popular the level needs to become more show biz ie X Games style and try to hit the American market as well. Martin Lampkin has done some great things with the indoor series, that to seems to to be fading now days , so maybe we need SIMON COWELL.

Saturady night "Welcome to the X-trials, and heres your host Danni Minogue". Then we all ring in n vote off Toni Bou :rotfl:

Moan and Groan all you like Peeps! but unless any of you come up with a workable solution the we must try this one.

If anyone thinks the present rules are working then you must be blind, what if it does work what will you be saying then?

Somebody must have upset you before this rant of complete rubbish. I'm guessing you don't do much help with a club judging by the negative attitude.

You say that no stop doesn't lend itself to your local terrain, I disagree as if you try to do something no stop you get one bite at the cherry, there's no way to correct yourself so therefore sections that are a bit tight and nadgery don't need to be silly tight.

The ACU are only acting on the BTC to try and revive a flatliner. The BTC was dead years ago with the current format. Without expert B the championship wouldn't run and that's unfortunately a fact. Hardly anybody goes to watch at world or British level anymore. It's obvious that the recession has a massive bearing on this and I completely agree with that part of your post. I'm interested to know how you would solve the problem? It's not easy at all as the director of the FIM trials committee is British and will happily just sit on the fence instead of trying to help our riders.

You are correct, I do not help out at my clubs and the main reason for that is time - I work full time and have a wife and young family of 3 children which restricts my practice time to zero and my trials to maybe 2 per month (if I'm lucky)

As and when my kids are that bit older I will be more than happy to help out at meetings, organising trials etc etc but at the minute I (and no doubt most younger riders who are probably in support of 'stop allowed') simply do not have the time.

Having re-read my comments around the ACU I will retract my 'tw@ts at the ACU' comment, this was out of order and not necessary, so I apologise for the comment.

I do however feel that the ACU were wrong in making the decision to put BTC no stop based on what the actual riders of the BTC want. Surely (and shoot me down if I'm wrong) they could just say to the organising club 'simplify the sections'

When Dabill et al are dropping more in a BTC round than they do in a WTC round then its clear the BTC is set way too hard, so make them easier - the riders are all there so ask them. Dont ignore them, change the rules and then say to the organisers 'make it easier' just say 'make it easier'

I also FULLY understand that without the people (old or not) involved in running the clubs and the trials whether they be organiser, CoC or observers there would be no club, and no club means no trial.

However again there seems a very secret squirrel attitude at a lot of clubs whereby if you're not at the meetings (for whatever reason) you're not involved in the running of the club, and that, in my eyes is wrong. Anything that changes the way a club or a trial is ran should be, at the very least, made available to all members to discuss and have their say whether they are able to attend the meeting or not.

I NEVER argue with obvservers, never criticise a club for a trial being too hard / too easy - if I'm not helping lay out a trial I am not in a position to criticise those that have given up their valuable time to do so - and always thank organisers and anyone involved in organising and running a trial. And as mentioned above, as and when time allows I will want to be an active member of the club at meetings, organising trials etc - although by then I'll be deemed one of the grumpy old b*ggers running the club :(

With regards to ACU not renewing my license 1) they already have and 2) I am more than entitled to my opinion of the ACU and how it is ran. I also know for 100% certain that many people involved in trials disagree with lots of things that the ACU implement and impose on our sport.

In my eyes they put very little into the sport in terms of promoting the BTC and most importantly supporting its best riders.

As far as 'reviving a flatliner' I think you can easily and quickly mark that as a HUGE fail.

Already Dabill and Brown have said they wont ride BTC, so we're down our 2 best riders - how does that help attract spectators?? 'come and watch this BTC round the best riders dont do it, but come anyway'

I also feel that the BTC should be the elite riders whether that be 6, 8, 10 riders etc and having expert B etc is the best way as you can challenge the elite (without going OTT) and also have a VERY keenly contested sub championship for top level club and national riders.

The reason the BTC is dead is (IMO) down to 1) the events being to hard - which has nothing to do with stop or no stop rules 2) horrendous promotion of the series and events by the ACU 3) the cost and the recession.

Readers....don't be fooled for one minute that Mr Dabill et al are deserting these shores because of the introduction of no-stop. They were leaving anyway to take up the challenge of competing in Spain. Good luck to them 'cos their rules bear absolutely no resemblence to the WTC so I'm not sure what they are going to learn there.

This could of been sorted many years ago, but in an effort to keep people happy many rule changes were applied many times to try and accomodate the ever changeing riding styles and machinery of the few at the top, as I see it the only options for the ACU and importers, follow the same old path in an area which is dying on it's feet or follow a path that seems to be doing better for entries and participation.

I would think the importers see more potential growth in the no stop events than they do in hop until you drop side of the game, and that is all it is, a game.

Readers....don't be fooled for one minute that Mr Dabill et al are deserting these shores because of the introduction of no-stop. They were leaving anyway to take up the challenge of competing in Spain. Good luck to them 'cos their rules bear absolutely no resemblence to the WTC so I'm not sure what they are going to learn there.

Spain reverting to WTC rules as far as I'm aware for 2012 and thats why they are going.

Dabill said thats why he's off on Facebook

Spain is not openfree next year.

Keep in mind Dabill or any other rider making a living at the game will do what is in their best interest, can't blame them I would too.

Those making change for the good of the sport probably look at it in a more benificial way for the majority.

You are correct, I do not help out at my clubs and the main reason for that is time - I work full time and have a wife and young family of 3 children which restricts my practice time to zero and my trials to maybe 2 per month (if I'm lucky)

As and when my kids are that bit older I will be more than happy to help out at meetings, organising trials etc etc but at the minute I (and no doubt most younger riders who are probably in support of 'stop allowed') simply do not have the time.

Having re-read my comments around the ACU I will retract my 'tw@ts at the ACU' comment, this was out of order and not necessary, so I apologise for the comment.

I do however feel that the ACU were wrong in making the decision to put BTC no stop based on what the actual riders of the BTC want. Surely (and shoot me down if I'm wrong) they could just say to the organising club 'simplify the sections'

When Dabill et al are dropping more in a BTC round than they do in a WTC round then its clear the BTC is set way too hard, so make them easier - the riders are all there so ask them. Dont ignore them, change the rules and then say to the organisers 'make it easier' just say 'make it easier'

I also FULLY understand that without the people (old or not) involved in running the clubs and the trials whether they be organiser, CoC or observers there would be no club, and no club means no trial.

However again there seems a very secret squirrel attitude at a lot of clubs whereby if you're not at the meetings (for whatever reason) you're not involved in the running of the club, and that, in my eyes is wrong. Anything that changes the way a club or a trial is ran should be, at the very least, made available to all members to discuss and have their say whether they are able to attend the meeting or not.

I NEVER argue with obvservers, never criticise a club for a trial being too hard / too easy - if I'm not helping lay out a trial I am not in a position to criticise those that have given up their valuable time to do so - and always thank organisers and anyone involved in organising and running a trial. And as mentioned above, as and when time allows I will want to be an active member of the club at meetings, organising trials etc - although by then I'll be deemed one of the grumpy old b*ggers running the club :(

With regards to ACU not renewing my license 1) they already have and 2) I am more than entitled to my opinion of the ACU and how it is ran. I also know for 100% certain that many people involved in trials disagree with lots of things that the ACU implement and impose on our sport.

In my eyes they put very little into the sport in terms of promoting the BTC and most importantly supporting its best riders.

As far as 'reviving a flatliner' I think you can easily and quickly mark that as a HUGE fail.

Already Dabill and Brown have said they wont ride BTC, so we're down our 2 best riders - how does that help attract spectators?? 'come and watch this BTC round the best riders dont do it, but come anyway'

I also feel that the BTC should be the elite riders whether that be 6, 8, 10 riders etc and having expert B etc is the best way as you can challenge the elite (without going OTT) and also have a VERY keenly contested sub championship for top level club and national riders.

The reason the BTC is dead is (IMO) down to 1) the events being to hard - which has nothing to do with stop or no stop rules 2) horrendous promotion of the series and events by the ACU 3) the cost and the recession.

Well spoken words here. I find myself in agreement with most of your opinions here. What a shame for the top 2 riders to have to leave their own country. Even when one of England's Top riders in the sport offers his own (perhaps only?) informed opinions here on this forum, he receives arguments from those who could never aspire to his levels of talent, ability, and determination. Although I wish the best for all concerned here I don't see any easy compromise on the horizon. Why can't there be room for both camps here with events available in both formats ? Surely that would attract the most possible riders and sell the most bikes as well? I wish the best for all concerned here and I can appreciate a nice flowing clean as well as the technical and athletic tour de force of Stop and Go Mastery. Both could have their place if it will help out the sport in the long run.

Well spoken words here. I find myself in agreement with most of your opinions here. What a shame for the top 2 riders to have to leave their own country. Even when one of England's Top riders in the sport offers his own (perhaps only?) informed opinions here on this forum, he receives arguments from those who could never aspire to his levels of talent, ability, and determination. Although I wish the best for all concerned here I don't see any easy compromise on the horizon. Why can't there be room for both camps here with events available in both formats ? Surely that would attract the most possible riders and sell the most bikes as well? I wish the best for all concerned here and I can appreciate a nice flowing clean as well as the technical and athletic tour de force of Stop and Go Mastery. Both could have their place if it will help out the sport in the long run.

Firstly nobody HAS to leave their own country. Lots of people migrate all over the EU to where the work is or where they can better themselves.

Do totally agree however with your final point and i dont know why if people feel so hot under their collar about it why dont they form a "Stop Allowed Trials Association" and run trials just for stop allowed enthusiasts with their own BTC ? Perhaps entry qualification would be the ability to perform a three point turn in a box 8ft square ? :chairfall: Also perhaps the member clubs could have an age limit of under 40's only ? applied to club officials as well as riders ? :popcorn: OK only joking but many a true word spoken in jest :thumbup: