No stop

dave horne

What about having a vote for the rules to be run nationwide? Would that work?

At least everybody could vote fairly.

From my understanding direct from an importer, they are aiming for trials to be more approachable for the masses and as its very much a participant sport rather than a professional sport this is about right.

The top riders will win whatever the rules so in my eyes it's better to make it suitable for the majority rather than the minority which is what the top route at btc is unfortunately.

The fact of the matter is that the best trials are no stop and that's a fact unfortunately!

actually that was what i was getting at when i suggested a vote earlier :thumbup:

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even most experienced scorekeepers seem to fear being too harsh with the hesitation stop for 5! This debate shall rule forever it seems, then one adds "toutching a marker" to the scene!

WOW, this could get really good!

Let the Hitler judges out of the box! WTF? I already cannot wipe the sweat off if I am stopped!

Who the hell thinks up all this crap? None of it in the true spirit of riding for anyone I know!

:rolleyes:

What about having a vote for the rules to be run nationwide? Would that work?

At least everybody could vote fairly.

From my understanding direct from an importer, they are aiming for trials to be more approachable for the masses and as its very much a participant sport rather than a professional sport this is about right.

The top riders will win whatever the rules so in my eyes it's better to make it suitable for the majority rather than the minority which is what the top route at btc is unfortunately.

The fact of the matter is that the best trials are no stop and that's a fact unfortunately!

A fair vote doesnt mean a fair result,if the division is 50/50 or even 60/40(as straw poll on here might suggest) it wouldnt be acceptable to alienate one half of our small sport.

If say 40% are against the no stop for everyone how would the importers benefit from less riders if a few dropped out?

The btc is not just for the 6, usually there is nearer ten.

Where do the importers think trials is unapproachable? Every club trial I've ever been to peeps are friendly and helpful?

the top route is for a few agreed but there is always the other entries which at most events is over subscribed, if it has the entries why is the btc a problem?

To my thinking the recession, lack of ACU promotion and publicity, an extra days costs for the "practice lap", high entry fees and simple travel costs have all added to the decline.

Plus the fact that the top lads are forever getting further away from the start up skill of the beginner, regardless of which rules you have.

How one extra rider will join our sport by forcing a change on six events escapes me.

My understanding is that it was the importers who pushed for this change. The ACU reacted to what was being requested having canvaseed opinions from the relevent riders as well.

Dabill's not impressed. Not sure Browny's keen on "no Minders" so what sort of communication the ACU has had with the Riders is in doubt. I agree that No Minders would have been good on the Expert "B" course but it seems the C of C's didn't agree.

Edited by Telecat

i have previously been in favor of stop allowed rules , but in the last few years have been finding it very boring to watch , especially when there is no time limit on the section.

time to give no stop rules a good go.

no minders is a good move, can only hear "big legs " etc so many times its now boring.

finaly practice lap day before , that should have gone as well

i have previously been in favor of stop allowed rules , but in the last few years have been finding it very boring to watch , especially when there is no time limit on the section.

no minders is a good move, can only hear "big legs " etc so many times its now boring.

:thumbup: one of the arguments against the rule change is the sections will be too easy

"scrub the practice lap"

Have to agree with you, some of my mates think I have lost my marbles when I say I find it boring to spectate at a championship trial now, fantastic skills by the top riders but too repetitive, also agree make the sections a little easier with no practice lap, after all we get excluded from a trial if we practice sections before trial, never understood that one.

I have read ALL of the pages on this topic with much interest. Wondering how , or it the FIM will make any changes. Spain tried the Free trial rules last year, so its safe to say that the sport is experiencing the same problems there as it is everywhere else in the world. Numbers are down! I really think that the no minders rule will have more of a direct affect on the layout of the sections and the way the riders approach things, than the no stop rules. It wasnt long ago that no stop rules were used in WTC. The riders quickly adapted, but there were still minders! I agree with Ishy that the practise lap or looking that sections should be taken out too.

what needs to change are the sections , from what i see of it it is all big step after big step, .

as for having no minders, will this mean that the non champs class will now be full of ex minders following there riders round?

Edited by spudsdad

Please tell me is this the ACUs way of trying kill off any chance of a British trials rider world championship win / European championship win with the none stop rule.

TSR22B?

or to put it another way

please tell me after sixteen years of the BTC in its current format which of our current WTC competitors, not junior or youth, is likely to win a world round any time soon?

Edited by Baldilocks

or to put it another way

please tell me after six years of the BTC in its current format which of our current WTC competitors, not junior or youth, is likely to win a world round any time soon?

Depends, Dibs, Browny and Challoner pretty good. You don't depose the "old" guard that easily. It Took Raga a number of seasons to dispose of Dougie then he found Bou there as well. That six years is how long the BTC took to deliver Serious riders to replace Dougie and Graham could also be argued. Don't forget Dougie and Graham went to Spain for a while to ride with the BTC effectively being a "Sideshow" for a number of years.

Depends, Dibs, Browny and Challoner pretty good. You don't depose the "old" guard that easily. It Took Raga a number of seasons to dispose of Dougie then he found Bou there as well. That six years is how long the BTC took to deliver Serious riders to replace Dougie and Graham could also be argued. Don't forget Dougie and Graham went to Spain for a while to ride with the BTC effectively being a "Sideshow" for a number of years.

Unfortunately Dibs and Browny will never be world champion. Jack is a fair bit younger but I would guess Bou being only just 25 has at least another 5 or more years dominating. Colley and Jarvis never came close to winning a world round ( apart from Colley being lucky in Finland 1993 ) until the rules went to stop for a 1. The only way I can see us potentially having a British world championship challenger is to try and slow the spaniards down. Dibs and Browny unfortunately are still a mile off top 5, harsh but true.