Gas Gas Txt Pro Clutch

hi all,having trouble with 2010 gas gas 250cc clutch,put new dp clutch in it everything working spot on rode it for half hour all ok

then the clutch leaver has got very stiff any ideas

hi no did not measure clutch pack because when you buy a dp clutch its measured to go stright in from the packet,fitted loads of these clutch packs stright from the box

not had any probs ???

I would be inclind to remove clutch and check if it was me. I would not expect oil to make clutch leaver go hard, would expect it to course drag or slip. If all was fine before that clutch was fitted i would remove measure pack width with should be between 9.75-9.85mm and the clutch fingers need to between 16-19mm check out this video = http://youtu.be/336BDbcZEMM

Definitely take the clutch out and check the pack height, the clutch pack is suppose to be measured to size but when i bought one for my last bike when i measured it as soon i received it the pack height was exactly 10mm so had to jiggle it about abit with plates i had etc to get it to te correct size. The fact that your lever has become harder to pull will be because the clutch pack is too big and the small levers will not have as much mechanical advantage

• 3 years later...

Hi, old thread I know. My 2013 clutch has gone stiff to use. I just pulled it apart and the stack measures 10mm exactly according to my vernier. Sounds like that is too big? How can a clutch grow? You would assume it would get smaller with wear? Incorrect oil? Latest I used was ATF. Its a standard clutch set. A youTube video shows a guy lapping his friction plates to bring the stack to within tollerance. Good  idea? I have acces to a surface table. 

Yes certain oils react with the clutch fibres. I used to always use atf without any problems. My current bike has been used to a diet of putoline light gear oil and recently I had to swap some plates round as the pack had expanded.

Its ''easily'' fixable. You need to set the pack thickness and the fingerheight spot on and it will work just fine.

Packt hickness +- 9.75 to 9.85mm

Finger height aim at 17,5mm

Also check play on the lever should have arround 3mm of free play.

Probably because Jim Snell did extensive testing and determined ATF to work better in the PRO motor. :D   I have never seen a trials service Manuel but if it is ANYTHING like the Enduro Manuel Id throw it in the trash. 

• Like 1