What Did You Do To Your Gas Gas Today?

shipdamite

Congrats on the trial yesterday, Andrew! :icon_salut::thumbup:

I got through my first trial since last November yesterday also. :banana: Had a HORRIBLE, mistake-riddled first loop, then settled down to my "average" amount of mistakes for the last two loops. :stupid: I kinda stunk the place up with a last place finish in the Novice class...... :blush: As far as my riding goes, things can only "Get Better", hee hee.

The bike did good, and probably like yours, will need some serious time with soap, water, and a scrub brush......

Did I see ShyTed's bike all dirty a page or two back in this thread???? :o

Jimmie

Thanks Jimmie,

I think that it is all about time on the bike. going by the hour meter that I have put on the bike, I have done 33 hrs practice time since january and it has helped me a lot with getting to grips with trials riding. mrs shipdamite - who came to spectate - said that one guy said that he didnt click with it till he had done 12 or so events; so this made me feel kind of ok about progress being made. since january, aside from time on the bike, i think that a bar rise of 18mm (as shown earlier in this thread) was the biggest 'eureka' moment for me.............. made turning so much easier, while the change in gearing (from 10 42 to 11 48 [same as 10 45 ish]) has helped too.............. 2nd will do everything in section.

the bike is still clarted in peaty type clay, but will get a clean on friday...................... although i did clean the chain and brakes and lube the chain.

next on the agenda is to get the tyasaurus fit for some twinshock adventure/s

best

andrew

Not today, but since last week (when i bought it :hyper: ) I have removed the tube from the back tyre, sealed the rim and fitted one of my old tyres for testing (the original had like new tread but the bead was knackered). Sorted the adjuster on the front master cylinder as it had lost it's thread and fitted a head spacer picked up from Gas Gas UK to make things easier whilst I learn the Gasser kick!

Oh, after all this I have had a quick test run then competed in a Mansfield Maun trial this Sunday gone!

Fit new some flexi levers, new gear shifter, new rear brake lever including having to drill through the frame because the old brake mounting sheared off flush (Grrr!), also fitted new waterpump - kerchinnng! and a new kickstart gear because the last one broke (double kerchinnng!), Oh also put some flexi-levers on mine, that was my treat to myself for spending loads on tidying up my lads 125 after he was let loose on it for a couple of hours the other day! Oh yeah, obviouldsy new clutch case gasket and some lovely new Dexron III - job done and we're out for a play tomorrow :-D

Today = busted a fork seal :wall: snapped a gear lever :wall: realised my rear pads were shot :wall: put a nice scrape down the side :wall: , put a nice scrape down my side :blush: but finished the trial ;)

Now my day off will be spent fixing the above :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Tested out my exhaust turn down elbow. My elderly neighbor was getting annoyed at the noise while I practice in the yard haha. Seems to help some actually. More than re-packing the silencer did anyway.

DSCN0759_zps4434db05.jpg

Tested out my exhaust turn down elbow. My elderly neighbor was getting annoyed at the noise while I practice in the yard haha. Seems to help some actually. More than re-packing the silencer did anyway.

DSCN0759_zps4434db05.jpg

If he's still not happy wiht the noise level after this, try hanging one of those on each of his ears........

Jimmie

What did i do to my Gas Gas today -------- NOTHING ! Why ? Because i'm still at work ! BUT iv'e entered two more comps . Submitted my entry for the Holgate One hundred see if i can get a ride and an evening round for Lancs MCC at Arkholme near Lancaster. On thursday i'm going to buy some bendy levers and silencer packing over t'internet and hope i get a ride home next week just in time for the evening round . See you boy's n girls have been productive with the cleaning equipment .Shipdamite good effort in the trial , and whats it like to have posted one of the most popular resonded to posts ,in a short amount of time on this subject , just goes to show that gas gas are value for money bikes and no wonder they're still winning trials every where in the hands of people like us ,err maybe hands of them in my case .

Shy T

Edited by shyted

What did i do to my Gas Gas today -------- NOTHING ! Why ? Because i'm still at work ! BUT iv'e entered two more comps . Submitted my entry for the Holgate One hundred see if i can get a ride and an evening round for Lancs MCC at Arkholme near Lancaster. On thursday i'm going to buy some bendy levers and silencer packing over t'internet and hope i get a ride home next week just in time for the evening round . See you boy's n girls have been productive with the cleaning equipment .Shipdamite good effort in the trial , and whats it like to have posted one of the most popular resonded to posts ,in a short amount of time on this subject , just goes to show that gas gas are value for money bikes and no wonder they're still winning trials every where in the hands of people like us ,err maybe hands of them in my case .

Shy T

Thanks Ted! - also; It makes me wonder why there hasn't been more of the same; 'what did you do to your bultaco etc etc etc today' - its a good way of sharing ideas!

Today, I changed the oil on my gasser and used castrol power 1 10w 30 - as advised by the castrol tech people. At first (when the oil was cold) it was a wee bit draggy, but once warm, clutch feel was better (less 'snatchy') and even easier than p*******e light gear oil for getting neutral. Also, thought my front wheel bearing/s was goosed ............ but I popped them out, cleaned them and used a syringe to pump them full of nice new grease (the waterproof outboard motor type grease)...... No more play.

Then I took my road bike out for a play in the sun

(although this was after putting another L.E.B in my TY 175 and it still rattles like a bar steward ..................... 'they all do that' everyone tells me......... not sure I can live with that level of noise in a bike. my venture into twinshock trials might be very short lived)

Ted - let us know what bendy levers you get and what you think of them - I am thinking of getting some too, althougfh I do like to run with loose levers so they dont break in a fall.....................

Hey, All!!

I either got very "Brave" or (more likely) stupid today. Decided the log I have for practicing jumping over would also serve well to hop up on, and ride along the length of it.... Here's my first somewhat successful attempt, and one screwup. Now, almost all of the "Failed" attempts weren't filmed. i couldn't get my wife to run the camera until I'd already given it several tries. Most of those efforts were unsuccessful, with a few that "sorta worked". but she did get one short clip of one of my mishaps....... And btw, my bike is still in the "unwashed condition" it got left in after the trial event I rode this past Saturday......

Jimmie

Hello bretheren , today i recieved some exhaust packing and some bendy levers for my GasGas .Unfortunatly i'm still cutting welded in situ hydraulic manifolds from a substructural support beam out here in the North sea .

So not so much what did i do to my GASGAS today but what did i get in the post for my GASGAS today .

Yep recon your quite right there Shipdamite . Would like to bet @What did you do to your Fantic twin or mono shock to day would be hellish popular .

Infact I'm going to do that right now.

Will send you some pics soon of the levers and wether they're good or not .

Shy T . U-roo