What Did You Do To Your Gas Gas Today?

shipdamite

post-16629-0-62635500-1368573697_thumb.jpgpost-16629-0-41574200-1368573740_thumb.jpgpost-16629-0-03329100-1368573780_thumb.jpgpost-16629-0-40716600-1368573806_thumb.jpgpost-16629-0-83910500-1368573841_thumb.jpgToday fitted my new Apico bendy levers and re-packed my exhaust ,and here's some pictures . Check out the crap end cap metal work exam failure , and the sanitary towel type god knows how old exhaust packing . No longer sounds like a WW2 fighter plane .wednesday night i'm riding a trial .

The levers are neat and well made .

Edited by shyted

Plastic welded the rear mudguard back together. I'm not convinced it will last, I've never done it before and only used a soldering iron and filler rods. I can put quite a bit of force into bending and twisting it without the joins splitting.

• Like 1

post-16629-0-62635500-1368573697_thumb.jpgpost-16629-0-41574200-1368573740_thumb.jpgpost-16629-0-03329100-1368573780_thumb.jpgpost-16629-0-40716600-1368573806_thumb.jpgpost-16629-0-83910500-1368573841_thumb.jpgToday fitted my new Apico bendy levers and re-packed my exhaust ,and here's some pictures . Check out the crap end cap metal work exam failure , and the sanitary towel type god knows how old exhaust packing . No longer sounds like a WW2 fighter plane .wednesday night i'm riding a trial .

The levers are neat and well made .

Ted - those levers look very nice ................ can I ask how much? Hope that you are having/had a good trial.

Plastic welded the rear mudguard back together. I'm not convinced it will last, I've never done it before and only used a soldering iron and filler rods. I can put quite a bit of force into bending and twisting it without the joins splitting.

Totty - I have a post somewhere in this thread about cutting out the stiffeners from the underside of the rear fender ................... it makes them unbreakable.............

Totty - I have a post somewhere in this thread about cutting out the stiffeners from the underside of the rear fender ................... it makes them unbreakable.............

Cheers, I'll take a look at that before refitting.

And today on my gas gas i cleaned her and stripped the clutch, modified the plates , adjusted the rebound on the back shock in preparation for a trial on Saturday .

Shipdamite , the Wednesday trial was a good laugh , made that many cockups it was a joke . The sections were good , but the sea of mud made them an ordeal . Turned the bike into a submarine in a stream ,which was pretty deep . Can't believe how much traction the bike has on muddy slopes .just blasts up'em.

the levers were £ 45 from gasgas uk inclusive of post ,order before noon on weekdays ,get them the day after .

Zippy , you checked out these levers ? You can pull them in ,out in ,you know how it goes ,quick pull and your done , GREAT!

Zippy , you checked out these levers ? You can pull them in ,out in ,you know how it goes ,quick pull and your done , GREAT!

I was done shortly after looking at the pics of the levers.............no pulling needed! LOL

Looks like there is a great deal of adjustment as far as lever placement for maximum leverage with having the second adjustment bolt. (I really hope that made sense)

should be very useful in a crash that would bend the levers backwards.

Later today I will be taking my GasGas out to our trials property and work on setting up sections for Sunday's event. Of course I will have to ride the sections in to make sure they are acceptable for the event. :D Also I will need to go tomorrow and "work" some more on sections. :D

I was done shortly after looking at the pics of the levers.............no pulling needed! LOL

Looks like there is a great deal of adjustment as far as lever placement for maximum leverage with having the second adjustment bolt. (I really hope that made sense)

should be very useful in a crash that would bend the levers backwards.

Later today I will be taking my GasGas out to our trials property and work on setting up sections for Sunday's event. Of course I will have to ride the sections in to make sure they are acceptable for the event. :D Also I will need to go tomorrow and "work" some more on sections. :D

good luck on sunday zip!

And finally ! Gasgas ready for action ! The clutch mod has worked a treat , no effort whatsoever needed to operate and i'm running Millers semi synthetic 5W-30 at a princely sum of £7 a liter . Can select 1st gear from cold on choke with no problem and get neutral easy , and bought some AC50 ,a new plug at £3.45 from Raceways in Fleetwood ,and a new air filter all Putolined up and ready for tomorrow . Has any one carried out a Mikuni convertion on their Gas Gas today ? OR any other day for that matter ! Tell me as i'm thinking of doing it come the winter .

The levers adjust brill and dont forget you can also set the stop on the lever boss for that fine tune . the box they came in is the new home for my allen keys as well so any bunny huggers out there can see us lads and lasses are recycling too ! How goods that! Good luck for the weekend rides Bretheren .

Ted

Edited by shyted

good luck on sunday zip!

It is my club that is putting the event on, so this time around I get to sit in a chair, yell "Rider", hold up a few fingers, punch cards, drink "beverages" and giggle when riders say "That looks easy" and then get through with a million dabs later.

I think today while "working" (playing on my GasGas) on finishing setting up our event I am going to move my handlebar grips in about 1/8 of an inch and see if that helps with the sore tendon in my elbow. (still tweaking the new to me bike) Then if it works, I will trim that bit off the bars.