What Did You Do To Your Gas Gas Today?

shipdamite

It is my club that is putting the event on, so this time around I get to sit in a chair, yell "Rider", hold up a few fingers, punch cards, drink "beverages" and giggle when riders say "That looks easy" and then get through with a million dabs later.

I think today while "working" (playing on my GasGas) on finishing setting up our event I am going to move my handlebar grips in about 1/8 of an inch and see if that helps with the sore tendon in my elbow. (still tweaking the new to me bike) Then if it works, I will trim that bit off the bars.

I started taking Glucosamine Glucosamine Sulphate 2KC1 1000mg for my knees, but have found my tendonitis to be much improved.

I started taking Glucosamine Glucosamine Sulphate 2KC1 1000mg for my knees, but have found my tendonitis to be much improved.

When I first got the bike last fall I gave it a "bit of THROTTLE" (unbeknownst how much a 300 Gasser would like to rip arms off) and I think it just gave me a bit of a pulled tendon in the elbow. It has healed up mostly on its own. But on my last bike I had trimmed the bars a bit to better fit me.

I did try the Glucosamine stuff for my arthritic knee and found no change whatsoever after a couple months use. Now I am not saying it doesn't work, it just didn't work for me.

OK on to what I did with my GasGas today

Today during set up for our event tomorrow I found out 2 things:

1. moving the grips inward 3/16 in made it much more comfortable for hands and forarms and elbows to ride. So I will be trimming 1/8 in off each end of the bars, that allows a little for "oopsies"

2. At some previous riding session (the one where I heard the loud CRACK) I broke my steering stem. Ya know that round rod thingy that goes through the triple clamps and the steering head bearings. Apparently it is preffered to keep that as ONE piece and not two. On the bright side my parts dealer will be sending me a new one tomorrow. :thumbup:

I am hoping all the riders have fun tomorrow. :banana::banana2:

I warned you about this ****! Zipper!

So you now have a bike you cannot open the throttle on as well, that thing is MAD if you do, yet docile if you dont.

It was my first time on the bike, after an event and I was already tired and not prepared or ready for how the bike performed. But now I am, and I love the bike........Just wish I would have made sure the steering head bearings were tight.

Also Just because WFO is available does not mean you should use it (unless it is a 125cc, because that is the only way to move 3 inches forward) Yea sure lower cc bikes make you use proper technique all the time and perfect gear choice blah blah blah blah. I do this for fun, I am not a perfect rider, I don't always choose the right gear. I like having a motor that will compensate for my lack of perfection.

In short, I like the bike. Balances great, great power delivery, tons of torque, and a very smooth bike. Apparently Cope is not a fan of the 300 GasGas, but we are all entitled to our own opinions. But I don't have to agree/listen to everyone's opinions.

Have you tried a Keihin based GG? Very well sorted setups available - including intake manifolds. Smooths out the bottom and adds more on top.

No is the answer to that one but this has to be more robust and responsive than a standard delorto .Got to admit that's a statement based on a new delorto not a13 year old one on my bike . I have a new delorto and although it's better ,it's not night and day different .

So on this day in history ,my gas gas has the front caliper removed and stripped as the mud that collected on it yesterday made it overheat and seize on . Fortunately , the land drain overflow at section one at the Holgate 100,provided a convenient cooling aid and wash off for it to cool the caliper and wash off the mud . More on my findings on another day .

Zippy .... i have empathy with you for these types of injury . I have a steel pin in my right shoulder and a reattached tendon , it hurts like hell when i've been riding for an hour and hurts the back of my neck as well , gets so bad i can't lift it . The only thing's that seem to work for me are 2 paracetamol and 1 ibuprofen then some stretching the day after . Not prescribing any thing , just a bit of relating . And i did not do this on my gas gas today , drum roll, symbol ......

Ted

Noticed I'd put a small dent in the side of my tank last time out .. not happy !! Anyone any tips for fixing this?

Zippy / Ted .. may or may not help you, but try some super strength Ibruprofen, diclofenac in gel form and rub into the area that gives you trouble.. better than just popping the pills and doesn't screw your stomach up either .. doesn't help cure my knack'd knee that some 90yr old seems to have swapped with my proper one,but I also don't feel when I've dabbed now either !!

Noticed I'd put a small dent in the side of my tank last time out .. not happy !! Anyone any tips for fixing this?

if the dent isnt creased you could try blowing it out with your compressor or, if able to do the calculation of expansion blah, fill the tank with the correct amount of water and put it in the freezer.

if you were a graphics man, I would say put a sticker over it ;)

my final and only other suggestion - as seen on the dent of a car many years ago - is to circle it with a marker pen and write the word 'oops' next to it....... ok; I'll get my coat..................

Edited by shipdamite

Shipdamite and Shercoben - cheers for the suggestions will give them a go and see if they work ... if all else fails I may head to the freezer.. at least the frozen peas will have that nice 'fuel' flavour regardless of outcome !!

blocky ... you're on ... do you reckon she could do the job from that distance ???

I used a bicycle air pump connected to the breather hose, slowly inflate till dent starts to pop. Also suggest to leave tank bolted to the frame when you do this to minimise distortion. If I remember correctly mine took about 25psi before dent started to pop with 2/3rds of a tank of gas in there.