What Did You Do To Your Gas Gas Today?

shipdamite

Last Saturday I went riding for a couple hours and broke the zip tyes holding my rear fender on................twice.

So yep I had fun.

see my earlier post - cut out the two stiffeners under the fender and you can bend it, twist it and still the cable ties won't break!

see my earlier post - cut out the two stiffeners under the fender and you can bend it, twist it and still the cable ties won't break!

But if I do that, I won't be able to proudly post that I tried stuff harder than usual and broke the zip tyes! :D

Actually, after the first time I broke them on Saturday I did look at the underside of the rear fender and thought about trimming the stiffeners out. ;)

I rode over a log and two ledges that intimidated me, then fell off trying to stop on the edge of a ledge so that I could wheelie off. This trials stuff is hard (and huge fun)

Welcome to trials and the greatest trials bikes made (GasGas in case you were unsure ;) )

Glad to hear you are having fun.

Went out for some fun on mine yesterday late afternoon, before heading to see the new Star Trek movie. Now I want warp drive on my GG! :rolleyes:

Tried out the big log on my obstacle course, now that I've removed the smaller kicker logs. No problem...no noticeable difference! Also played on my new log pyramid, which is 3 high. Built that a few days ago, since I had to take out a large ailing pine tree on the property.

Then headed over to the county forest to inspect the damage inflicted on our single track trails by the loggers. Pretty bad.....they trashed the first portion of the trail badly. But I've found out that cut log piles make fun trials obstacles to ride over! One of the only good points of loggers! Ugh!

Edited by purplebeast

replaced my thermoswitch and took the bike out for a few hours to test, fan now behaving properly and bike running lovely, if not a bit loud! so, have removed centre/rear box and given them to someone to cut open, re-pack and re-weld. as well as welding the lower bracket back on for me which has been broke since i got the bike! can't wait to get it back and see the difference! :)

Also bought a new back tyre which i'll try and get round to fitting this week while the exhaust is off and bike out of action.