How Many Fives In This Clip?

not only strictly a 5 but he even goes backwards at 50 sec.. how can it be non stop if you lock the front wheel and pivot on it.. the daft thing is that they are doing these tricks on the easiest parts of the section.. just cant get stop allowed tricks out of thier heads.. make it simples no clutch allowed.. then you d stop this messing..

• Like 1

I was there and the observers were instructed to let them stop for up to two seconds. Everyone I saw this weekend who stopped without penalty only took two seconds, borderline three. Some even went backwards a little which they also got away with under the old rules. We should call the new rules pause allowed.

Since they were allowed to stop and hop, the riders picked the easier line that zig zagged instead of the straight more difficult line.

At the section on the video I noticed the observers were recording everyone's time. Everyone I saw was taking 1:15-1:17.

I assume the FIM have a representative at these events. The FIM rule is that you complete the section without stopping. What was his reaction at the observers briefing when some clown told them that the riders can stop for a couple of seconds without being penalised.

In the video there are 3 blatant stops inside 10 seconds and another 2 inside 20 seconds

The only thing that surprises me is that anyone cares what they do with WTC observing....

• Like 2

No one was told that you could stop for a couple of seconds. Number one, this tape was too far away for anyone to comment. Number two we were told just because the spokes stop did not mean the motion stopped. It does need to be refined further. I scored on a section that steered the out come on both days. Section 5. For the most part all three lines had a deciding ledge on this section. For the most part, every rider 5`d or crashed in this section. Bou had a very hard fall on Saturday. This is where Raga shined. Sunday, Raga got up twice but still received 2 failures with a marker moved. Smage

post-1232-0-31869400-1369712117_thumb.jpgI was there , observed section 3 on sunday ... Fuji's bike died first loop ,a 1 on the second loop and clean on the third , I remember his rides 'cause he was nice while I punched his card ... Raga's left bar end / hand hit a tree and crashed at the top and came tumbling down the hill behind his bike on his third loop. I've never heard some of the spanish cuss words that came out of him as he composed himself and checked his bike . But when I stretched the ribbon up for him to come out of the section so I could punch his card , it was obvious he was mad at himself ... I don't remember all of Bou's scores but he was always business like at the end and quickly held his card up and still , and always said thanks ... no matter what the look on his face was saying ... Alot of the younger spanish guys would try to move and snatch their card away while I was punching it ??? Don't they know that the sheet I wrote every riders # and score on was done before their card ? And Jack Challoner (sp?) is a force to be reckoned with !!! And a nice guy too . He will go far . Pat had about the smoothest ride of the day up thru the slick rooted mini ravine , made a beautiful turn at the top to the left to set up for the 180 that was required to hit the next cards, misplaced his back wheel and came off the rock , his bike hitting the tree that was holding up our scoreboard ... I'm really glad that tree was there ! :) But as he and Ryan dusted off his controls and made sure all was working , he hands me his card to punch with a smile and says " man , it's been a long day ! "

And There was no mention of 2 sec. during the observer's meetings ! It was stated to use your best judgement , benefit of ANY DOUBT to the rider and to observe to the spirit of no stop . I punched ALOT of 5's ! And never got a argument . But our whole section except for one turn thru a running rocky stream at the bottom of the entrance decent was almostpost-1232-0-03809200-1369712622_thumb.jpg un walkable either up or down .

And on a lighter note , Thierry Michaud and Bernie Schreiber both signed the tank of my trusty Fantic :) All in all a Great weekend , I wish I had my camera with me when I sat at the section from 2 to 5 Friday afternoon while the riders got to walk and inspect it ... The photo of Bou , Fuji , Raga and Caby standing atop the big rock together and pointing fingers while discussing how to do it would've been priceless to us trials guys ... And the riders wanted 5 sections harder for sunday , They got their wish . Here's a couple from Sat. And you have to witness it live , Videos don't do them any justice at all

Glenn

• Like 1