Fim Minimum Bike Weight Increase 2014? What?

kettlewell

Despite the rule change increasing the minimum weight to 70kg for World Trial the factories will not be increasing weight on the bikes they sell to the public.

The bikes will continue to get lighter.

Edited by gasgas249uk

I've been lucky enough and mad enough to be running around Spain all week staying with and meeting with apart from retro heros , amongst others some influential and experienced people in the industry.The folks building the bikes , the Protos,the folks purely designing ,the suppliers , the industrialists and the factory floor assemblers.The bikes will be continuing in the current direction . One particularly interesting interview about the future direction of trials machines which includes the weight versus reliability argument taking place here. Several proto test rides on different bikes. Other proto glimpses with no photos.About 100 proto photos with of course full permission also the instructions to sew my lips up until i get the green light. There's lots of activity. More than I thought. It's been overwhelming to be honest.

Edited by gasgas249uk
  • Like 2

What is extremely difficult to understand here, is why the trials riders of the world, (the people that buy the bikes), are really not being considered. A couple of lines of press release from the FIM when they institute massive rule change is not information and justification. Go on FIM, join this thread and tell us how your recent World Championship rule changes are helping us? Tell us the weight increase is not just because of pressure from Honda, and tell us truthfully how non-stop is working out globally?

As far as I can see, (and I know many share this genuine concern), FIM world trials is simply becoming irrelevant to more and more of the worlds trials riders as a result of both the non-stop and weight changes.

• Like 3

I've been lucky enough and mad enough to be running around Spain all week staying with and meeting with apart from retro heros , amongst others some influential and experienced people in the industry.The folks building the bikes , the Protos,the folks purely designing ,the suppliers , the industrialists and the factory floor assemblers.The bikes will be continuing in the current direction . One particularly interesting interview about the future direction of trials machines which includes the weight versus reliability argument taking place here. Several proto test rides on different bikes. Other proto glimpses with no photos.About 100 proto photos with of course full permission also the instructions to sew my lips up until i get the green light. There's lots of activity. More than I thought. It's been overwhelming to be honest.

Maybe adding a little weight to the bikes may add some reliability, especially in light of the sh_t metal used in the steel frames.......chromemoly steel my ass...surely not the same stuff available in the states.
  • Like 1

Kramit tell us how a lump of lead on the bashplate may help reliability, it'll be real good usa lead btw.

USA lead is the best lead around! If you like I could get the lead out of my @ss and come show you.........but I am too busy sitting on it drinking :beer: :beer: and watching NASCAR

MURICA!!!

Edited by zippy
  • Like 2

Kramit tell us how a lump of lead on the bashplate may help reliability, it'll be real good usa lead btw.

I would stop focussing so much on lead if I were you:

Lead poisoning Symptoms in adults

Although children are primarily at risk, lead poisoning is also dangerous for adults. Signs and symptoms in adults may include:

• High blood pressure
  • Declines in mental functioning
  • Pain, numbness or tingling of the extremities
  • Muscular weakness
  • Headache
  • Abdominal pain
  • Memory loss
  • Mood disorders
  • Reduced sperm count, abnormal sperm

:popcorn:

• Like 2

I would stop focussing so much on lead if I were you:

Lead poisoning Symptoms in adults

Although children are primarily at risk, lead poisoning is also dangerous for adults. Signs and symptoms in adults may include:

• High blood pressure
  • Declines in mental functioning
  • Pain, numbness or tingling of the extremities
  • Muscular weakness
  • Headache
  • Abdominal pain
  • Memory loss
  • Mood disorders
  • Reduced sperm count, abnormal sperm

:popcorn:

I had all those symptoms for years,

But thankfully I had a miraculous recovery after my divorce.

• Like 6

If most countries adopt minimum weight limits at their nationals (following the FIM standard, like no stop), then the manufactures will adjust their production bikes weight according. The build quality should follow and bike quality will rise to a standard somewhat higher than it is now.......as it can't get any worse!
  • Like 1