Vertigo Launch

Andy

Yep Dixie, good point about the Sherco. I will never understand what Sherco did in the way of testing as there has never been a bigger mistake than the 4t. It seems to me that the vertigo philosophy is to try and test and proto stuff rather than release a problematic bike, if this is the case hats off to them and I'm surethat many wouldnt worry about failures in the scott or ssdt if thats what happened to a proto?

Hats off to them? I think that's the least that we should expect of them, of any brand for that matter.

• Like 2

Nigel you are contradicting yourself again

#167 - you said lets get back to vertigo, now you are rambling on about Sherco.

let him who is without sin cast the first stone?

And before you call my posts rubbish you would be well advised to drive a 3L V6 cologne built Granada Ghia with a V6 petrol engined Jaguar in day to day driving conditions.

Edited by dadof2

Given all the chat on here about people not wanting to be the ones buying a bike before it is tested it is awesome to read they consider having Dabill riding in world events as further testing and they will see how that goes before they launch a bike for the general public.

Very interested to see how this all plays out, although I highly doubt we will see a Vertigo in Canada anytime soon. Except of course the T-shirt that Kevin won :).

• Like 1

I feel he has a bit in hand in the BTC so the bike might not be critical.

WTC? Love it if he jumped up to the top 3,be great for uk trials and Vertigo.

Certainly a great chance to prove himself and the bike!

Edited by breagh

A key thing here isn't just the bike. It's also working with Doug. He only knows one way - winning. He'll work James like he's never been worked before and that should hopefully be reflected in his results. Nobody is going to overtake Toni right now, but when James is on form he's more than capable of regular podium places.

• Like 9

I was thinking just the same, I think it's a great move for James and I hope the bike is resdy and every bit as good as it looks, you can't afford a year sorting problems at that level, I think Doug himself would have had another wtc to his name had he not had to develop the 4 stroke. Problems with the Ossa affected Jeroni.

I think Doug wanted to develop the 4rt (and damn good job he did, along with his team) he could of gone back to a 2t for any manufacturer, they would of torn his arm off.. Proof of the pudding is the fact the 4rt has never been beaten in WTC...

IMHO he is the man for the job at vertigo. And it looks like they want to be bib and braces sure of the bike before its released. But nothing will be able to test it for the weekend warriors lack of maintainance,poor servicing, mechanical abuse.... Only time will tell.

I just hope it will be good at normal non WTC type trials aswell. No bouncing just "Real Trials" !!

• Like 2