Drying your boots!

kristian

I have made a stand from wood and 2 pieces of plastic waste pipe to stand boots upside down. I leave these in utility room near but not on the boiler. I have an old pair for midweek to keep my best boots for competition. My little stand does clip into a radiator if I need to dry some quicker.

• Like 2

I have the posh option! It was purchased for me as a xmas present by my hard working wife.

I think the product is actually designed for drying or warming ski boots. Its got two tubes running from a heater/motor which blow air into the boots at various selected temperatures.

I keep this in the garage and use it mainly in winter. I usually put it on just while I'm fettling the bike, its a 4RT so I don't use very much electric.

Of course as a silver surfer I have two pairs of boots also.

• Like 2

All,  Boots always leak & invariably result in wet feet. (every week 'oop North).  Suggest investing in a pair of "Sealskinz" water proof socks which allow you to go paddling without fear.(£20 ex Nato on T'interweb.)

Been powerwashing & air drying indoors for donkeys years. Why is it that a lot of of us tend to hang on to our old boots & are reluctant to chuck 'em out ?

Somewhat more concerning, is the current fashion for lower & lower boot height. We'll all be wearing ankle high ones before long. Bring back the NCB wellies I say.  

• Like 6

Despite having been away from gods country (Yorkshire) for a few decades and being an engineer by trade the thought of both spending money (mine or the other half's that she could of spent on food or cleaning stuff etc)  and on something I could construct from my special project storage unit (shed)  and then to add insult to injury spend 1.5p a month on electricity shocks me to the core =- shame on your brother. (no wonder you live on the posh side of Leeds).

As for fancy socks - isn't skin waterproof anyway.

As my years away from Yorkshire have been spent in Wales  - don't mention wellies.

Having now probably offended family, women, the welsh  will finish my lunch - now where is that road t' lick gravel off???

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

If I'm in a real hurry I stick a hairdrier down for a minute at a time, and pull it out when my fingers start to burn; otherwise I just sit them on the floor near (but not on) a heater and let convection be my friend :)

Just ordered some Sealskinz yesterday ...

11 hours ago, pjw123 said:

All,  Boots always leak & invariably result in wet feet. (every week 'oop North).  Suggest investing in a pair of "Sealskinz" water proof socks which allow you to go paddling without fear.(£20 ex Nato on T'interweb.)

Been powerwashing & air drying indoors for donkeys years. Why is it that a lot of of us tend to hang on to our old boots & are reluctant to chuck 'em out ?

Somewhat more concerning, is the current fashion for lower & lower boot height. We'll all be wearing ankle high ones before long. Bring back the NCB wellies I say.  

I usually wear sealskin socks which combats the problem but wet boots still annoy me! Going to make something out of waste pipe? Being a plumber I may actually make a boot dryer out of copper pipe and connect it to my heating system? Mmmm I maybe onto something here!!!!!!

I've used Dampire silica bags for years, others available and I think the horsey people use similar for their boots. Leave them in you boots over the week, then hang them out to dry in the airing cupboard when going to a trial. Boots don't dry completely in a week but are still plyable enough to put on. 

On ‎26‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 8:49 PM, luc said:

Hello guys,

i'm using a shoedryer https://www.shoefresh.eu/nl/?gclid=CjwKCAjwj8bPBRBiEiwASlFLFcvdKkQSza8ZOsPUgFljgeQBaQc6GQwy1vA3mrWQ98tui2UiHc-OoRoCqFkQAvD_BwE

Works fantastic. Temprature is 37°c like yourself so leather wont crack at all. There ara also models with 2 sepparated parts.

Greathings,
Luc

A shoe dryer would be nice, but who pays for all the Febreze :zombie:

Edited by suzuki250