New Model From Montesa..... When?

jonny042

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is going to import the Montesa 4RT to the UK, or will it continue on as Honda RTL250F?

I think it is a great shame if these machines are not brought into the UK. It will mean less, not more, choice for the UK trials rider!

Thanks of course to James Sandifords for being the importer for 42 years.

Big John

As we all know Caroline has been known to reply to some of the questions that arise on this website. I dare say that if she has anything to add to this topic in the fullness of time she will indeed put finger to keyboard, as they say!

Every time I got to the end of a page the thread had grown by a page!

Honda lose interest in trials? It certainly seems that way at the moment. Strange that with Yamaha, they've been involved in the sport for nearly 40 years. It'll be really sad if Mont (although they now exist as only a name) go with Honda if they do withdraw from trials.

They have a huge company to back them. I agree. Reduce you're weight and bring a bike that people want to buy to the world again. Your frame is awesome. Your engine could use some weight loss. Your technological thought is hands down 100%. Honda bring back the a competitive club man bike like your 315r.

--Biff

I didn't have any time for Caroline but thats not going to make me say anything bad about Sandifords. This is a poor show and makes you wonder if the expensive contract that Bou Sanz and Fuji must have will not last long if the sales aren't there for whatever reason.

Worrying times.

First Scorpa now this.

Has nothing to do with bike sales.....Honda wants World Championships and Trials Championships are the cheapest compared to any other form of motorcycle racing!

They kind of did and didn't Dabster. After Eddy & Steve went off the boil they didn't have any up and coming riders so they just lowered their involvement. They didn't chuck it in. Just went low key. That's my take on it but they've had bikes of various abilities in production since '74.

Honda wants World Championships and Trials Championships are the cheapest compared to any other form of motorcycle racing!

Thats the word i was looking for.

They could buy and run there Team from some of the interest they gain from the Honda millions in the bank.

Don't let's forget alot of people still don't get on with four stroke's so the 4rt isn't the best Trial bike for rider's and thats what counts at the end.

Reduce you're weight and bring a bike that people want to buy to the world again. Your frame is awesome. Your engine could use some weight loss. Your technological thought is hands down 100%. Honda bring back the a competitive club man bike like your 315r.

Oh come on! The weight isn't the problem, all the four-strokes weigh about the same. Compared to two-strokes they are all fat lasses. And before you write off the 4rt completely I hope you have tested the '09 which is ALOT better than the previous models. The fork angle isn't as steep as before, the rear suspension is new, and the engine is super smooth and yet it feels more powerful.

I think the biggest problem for all the four-strokes is that riders don't give themself enough time to adjust to riding a four-stroke. You have to change your riding style and adapt, and you can't do that in only a year. In my opinion it takes at least two years to adapt youself to the four-stroke engine. I have had a 4rt for four years now and now I feel I can use the engine properly. Now I don't like two-strokes any more, especially not the GasGas. It's to bouncy and unstable and the engine is to aggresive. The 4rt is a competitve club man bike, I just wish that people would stop writing it off before they know how to use it properly.

Don't let's forget alot of people still don't get on with four stroke's so the 4rt isn't the best Trial bike for rider's and thats what counts at the end.

Why isn't it the best trials bike? I think it's the same reason stated above, many rider don't adapt their riding style to the four-stroke. In terms of build quality it wins in every way possible. I have yet to repair something on my bike that I wasn't responsible for myself, by crashing usually. They are very reliable bikes and I can't think of anyone, at least here in Sweden, that has had any major problems, correct me if I'm wrong. Unlike the GasGas and the Betas....

Maybe that is unfair to the Beta but the new frame isn't any good. It crackes and because the fuel tank is integrated it starts to leak fuel.

And don't get me started on the GasGas. Lets just say that GasGas seem to like the old Lotus mantra "simplify and add lightness". But if I don't remember wrong the Lotus F1 cars broke down alot too...

That's enough ranting for one day :D